Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair loss due to hypothyroidism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nidahabib View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nidahabib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair loss due to hypothyroidism
    Posted: February 07 2004 at 2:25pm
hi karen i want to share my problem with u and need ur advise to solve this problem ,since two years my hairs r going to be gray vigorously and its going to be thin day by day .Last month i visited my dr who told me that i am suffering with hypothyroidism and my hairs condition is due to that problem ,now he is giving me vitamin E but still there is no proper remedy .Can u advise me how to get rid of this problem ,i am really thankful to u.

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 3:00pm
Hi, I am not Karen but I do hope I will do! I suffered also from Hypothyroid- And yes have experienced hair loss. But you need to have a thyroid test done to determine your Thyroid level. That is a start! Also, if you go to :www.webmd.com
it will give you a load of answers to ask your dr.! Please get this taken care of- it is nothing to play around with! Please let us know how you thyroid test and all turn out! Take Care! Debbie (If you register you can Bmail me and I can tell you more!)
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2004 at 12:17pm
i just wanted to let you know that i hear that coconut oil is supposed to be good for thyroid problems, i havent done enought research on it yet, but you might check it out. i have hypothyroidism too, and have been recently experiencing massive hair loss as well, so it is something i have been doing some research on. i hate taking synthetic pills so i am looking for a natural alternative. good luck!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic