Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

coRNROWS HAIRLOSS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CornrowLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coRNROWS HAIRLOSS
    Posted: May 15 2004 at 12:16pm
I just had cornrows for 7 days, during the time my head scrathched alot, i thought i had lice so i went on the internet and got some info, they said use a hot blowdryer and alchole. this didnt work because i didnt have head lice, the scratching is from the oil she used. Anyways i continuously shampooed my hair with the cornrows. Whatever i took them out and 700 hairs came out and now i feel like my hair is thin now. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE REASON

When getting cornrows keep it in 3 days max. Thats it.

I then called her, she said that its natural because uou lose about 50 to 100 hairs daily and during that time i had no hair come out, she said it came out all at once thats what it made you think your losing hair.

this cant be because i would grap my hair and it would rip while i was in the shower and came out.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 3:26pm
Ok well first she is right...when your hair is loose you do lose up to 100 hairs a day now think of how many days u did not comb it and did not have your hair loose...you said 7 days so therefore when you take yourh air down 700 strans of hair should come out at that one time because they were waiting to come out but you had your hair up in cornrows...this is with any style where your hair is not loose and has not been combed in a few days.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 3:27pm
I have cornrows in for 2 weeks...they don't itch did you wash your hair before she put your hair in cornrows..is it your natural hair or synthetic cause you could be allergic to synthetic. Actually oil is not suppose to go on your actual scalp and that can also cause itching. Mine in for 2 weeks and I havent had itching but I do now that alot of loose hair that was suppose to shed the past days will be coming out.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 2:18am
Thanks for the advice, i know now that alot is suposed to come out, ithink i caused more to come out because i took the braids out the wrong way, is there a proper way of taking out the braids

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 2:21am
How many 700 hairs come out everytime, do the math soon youll see bald spot, dawg. or a hairline going upward. OK, lets say i get cornrows every 7 days, you said it will shed 700 every 7 days right, i get cornrows for 2 months ill loose alot alot alot of hair all because of the cornrows the hair getting braided the way they pull the hair causes it to come out, wearing the doo rag to tight, touching it, plus the hair coming out all those times.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 10:55am
Actually, you don't lose any more hair than usual when you have cornrows. What happens is that as the individual hairs that are in the cornrows go dormant and fall out, they remain trapped there as the other hairs around them grow. Meanwhile, new hairs start growing that were previously dormant. This happens evenly throughout your hair, so unless your cornrows were put in painfully tight, there would be no unusual hair loss, no bald spot. If you didn't ever get your braids taken down, eventually you would end up with dreadlocks.

Most people leave their braids in for extended periods of time, and locs are often kept for years. Your problem is that your scalp needs to be scrubbed regularly to keep it clean. They make special products for cleaning braided and dreadlocked hair. Perhaps you should try one of these.

They also make special detanglers to help remove braids. You definitely need to get one of these before you try to take out braids again.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
seasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 5:00pm
i guess you need to clarify what state your hair is in. if it is relaxed it is weaker than naturally cared for hair.

consider using a leave-in detangler spray that will provide slip for your hair so that it won't break as much when you remove the cornrows. also, you can bring your own hair supplies if you don't like the oil she uses.
be careful... life is bitter sweet. we are living in a world of hate

http://www.napturalglory.com

thick naptural hair worn in twists, flat twists, or bantu knots. products: organic refined coconut oil and hair tea.

JESUS Rules!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic