Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saw Palmetto is killing my hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nosferatu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosferatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saw Palmetto is killing my hair.
    Posted: July 27 2004 at 6:16pm
I started taking Saw Palmetto supplements about 5 months ago in addition to my regular multi-vitamins, and MSM which I have been taking for several years now.

Well, in the last week, my shedding has been uncontrolable. I've noticed a tremendous increase in the number of hairs I shed each day. Someone PLEASE help. This is causing me much stress and concern :(

Thank you.
~N
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2004 at 9:22pm
I don't think it's fair to assume that the cause of your increased hair loss the past week is due to saw palmetto supplements. (Besides, the stress from your aggrivation won't help alleviate the hair loss). Have you been under lots of stress lately, mental or physical? Perhaps you need to re-charge and restore your natural defenses. It would help you and your hair...
Nosferatu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosferatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 10:06pm
Well then what is it?? Why all of a sudden this HUGE shedding and no sign of slowing down?? I am an actor, and my appearance is my livelyhood. I really need help.

~N
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 7:52am
I could tell you but i'm trying to get a patent on the discovery I made.
On tip though make sure your saw palmetto doesnt have any selenium in it. Selenium in high amounts has been know to cause shedding; hair loss
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 10:37am
Do you eat a lot of sushi? Like, several times a week? I read a news story that heavy metal contamination in certain ocean fish (salmon, especially) has been diagnosed in people after they went to their doctors complaining of hair loss.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 8:35am
HMMMMMMMMM.
started a regiman which contains saw palmetto and have had good results so far. Nothing great yet as it has not been that long but shedding has definately slowed down from BEFORE I was trying anything
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 3:46pm
YIKES

Since my last post I started shedding hair FASTTTTTTTTTTTT. I kept trying to stick it out thinking my body was readjusting but figured I'd be BALD by Christmas if I didn't try something different.
I stopped taking the saw plametto and within a few days th shedding is way back down !!!!!!!!!
Calvin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 3:15pm
jimmy the king is holding out! anyways ive been having a hair loss problem and im only 15. like every week i hear something new from someone new about it. Any advice on how to stop and restore? its taking the horseshoe pattern.
vijay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:35am
sister plz take biotin 1000mg daily its enough ok

iwhat oil and shampoo u r using now?

tell me

bye

MP VIJAYKHANNA
Trotter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:14pm

Hey there Nosferatu et all.  Sounds like you could  be Interested  In a new  ionized natural mineral suppliment I've been on the last four months. I take It for hair growth and healthy hair as well as In place of a multi vitimin. Not a miracle suppliment but slowely & surely It's working for me ... was prescribed by my Naturopath. If any of you folks are Interested I can share Info If you wish.

Edited by administrator - August 13 2006 at 9:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic