Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help... I have Trich!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help... I have Trich!
    Posted: August 11 2004 at 11:41pm
Hi, I have a small compulsive disorder... Trichotillomania. I have been pulling my hair since I was a teenager (now 38 years old) and go through bad phases and good phases. I've really don't it this time, and have gone through quite a heavy session over the past few months and although I don't have bald patches, have been pulling hair evenly from all over my head, resulting in a thinner look all over. It's awful and when I look in the mirror, I realise what I have done!!! HELP!

I have had beautiful thick hair before and KNOW I can again. I have purchased jojoba oil before but it's SOO expensive. What can I do to A) help promote growth in all the shafts I have pulled out and B) restore condition to the existing hair, which is dry split and dull?

I know there are no MIRACLE answers, but I'm hoping for something close to it.

I have two weddings to attend to before the end of the year (bridesmaid in both) and hoping to not be humiliated by my stupid hair!

michelle77777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 12:31am
Hi, I have a few suggestions for you..If you can, try bio-feed back therapy. I did this treatment about 8 years ago when I had severe pain from injuries at work. I mentally felt better after,,It didn't take away all the pain, but for those moments I was in session, I forgot all about my pain.. and I did deal with my pain much better..I would also try aromatherapy products that are relaxing for you and your scalp. Like lavendar, chamomile, They also have pillows that are scented which you could sleep with at night..Also, do you walk at all? That also is very relaxing in a sense you release alot of built up tension..I suggest 2 hours before dark..or early morning..For treating your dry, dull hair now, I would suggest a soothing cordless heatcap called Microhaircap. its on the web..You can use with any conditioners, like rusk,,that is aromatherapy based conditioner. or go to your local health food store for some aromatherapy shampoos and conditioners or search the web..Also, do you take Vitamins? If you don't I like TwinLabs formula. they are capsules so it dissovles quickly,,I would get a multivitamin/mineral. I use to work in health foods..so i have some experience..I hope this info helps you to think of some other ways to help you,,
GodBless,
michelle :0)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic