Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

worried 15 yr old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
A.C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worried 15 yr old
    Posted: September 04 2004 at 8:21pm
I'm 15 yrs old and have recently noticed a thinning of my hair. A few weeks ago I dyed my hair for the first time, and i'm worried i may have had an allergic reaction to the dye. I used to hair fairly thick hair, but as of late ive noticed it thinning. Whenever I run my hands through my hair theres is almost always some hair on my hands. I'm starting to really worry about this. If I lose my hair will it grow back? or will I be bald forever?

I want to go to a doctor to get this looked at but my mom wont take me because she thinks im paranoid and that its my own stupidity for dying my hair. Also, I have been diagnosed with psoriasis on my scalp previously, so could this have something to do with the thinning?

I'm not sure wether or not i'm losing my hair, because i dont see any 'bald spots' though at the corners of my forehead, the hairline is thinning.

Please help me, I dont know what to do.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 9:18pm
Sometimes, people do have allergic reactions to dye. If your scalp still has some residue from dyes and hair products, make sure you wash/shampoo those out as soon as possible. It could also be a thyroid issue, or a vitamin deficiency. Be sure to rule out everything one by one.

It's also the end of summer and hair tends to fall out a lot in this time of year. It could also be your hormone changes because after all, you are only 15. But you know your body best, so if you're really seeing a problem or if this thinning gets really serious, go see a doctor whether your mom likes it or not.
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic