Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help plzzzzz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help plzzzzz
    Posted: September 11 2004 at 3:35pm
Hi, i came back from holiday about a month ago and bought a new hair gel while i was there, a couple of days after coming home i experienced burning along my hair line and have noticed hair loss from the place that was burning, i went to the doctors and he said it was an allergy(dont know how 2 spell lol) and gave me some tablets. The burning has near enough stopped now and am seeing tiny hairs coming through but not very thick....im pretty worried as i am only 19 YO. Has anyone had burning of the scalp at the place of losing hair? Are the tiny hairs a good thing? Please help....im pretty(very) scared!!
thank you.
jamie
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 9:14pm
As long as you've stopped using the gel, AND shampooed out every last bit of that gel, you should be okay after a couple weeks or so. Sounds like those pills are working too.

If you lost some hair during the allergic reaction, the tiny hairs just means it's growing back. I used to scratch around on the hairline during my teen years, because of some very fine acne in that area. I lost a lot of hairline hair because of that, but despite everything, my hair has grown back slowly but surely. My hairline hairs are about 4-5 inches now! I also was a trichotillomaniac and had a bald spot that also grew back over. It takes a lot of physical damage to stop hair from growing (this doesn't account for hormonal changes or thyroid issues, mind you)

and yeah, you spelled allergy right so don't worry : ) Hope this helps and here's a ((((((hug)))))) for you

Anais
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic