Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm Cause hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CornrowLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm Cause hair loss
    Posted: September 27 2004 at 10:54pm
I am 15 i got a perm about 6 months ago while i had it i cut it from about 6 inch to about 1 inch and spiked it now my hair is 6 inchs again i always had curley hair but not the type that perms give you alot looser more fine type. Well i was thinking about getting a perm again, my mom says perms are bad for your hair and make you go bald is this true? Yes i loose the amount normal people lose hair atleat 10 to 26 a day around there if i play with it, so i dont stress?

Will a perm damage my hair and make me go bald or am i OK
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2004 at 1:04am
I wouldn't perm too much. Some women do go bald from it. Most women don't but some do.
Unless you want to permanently wear the bald look, lay off the perms.
CornrowLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2004 at 4:44pm
Im a man tho?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 12:38am
What do you being a man have to do with your hair? Your hair is the same as anyone else's hair and if you are putting a chemical in it, the chemical don't decide to be nicer to you because you are a man. Reality check!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

noname303 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noname303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 4:18pm
OMG! I am 13 and I recently (about a month ago) got a perm and Now, when I style my hair gobs of it come out and i find clogs of my hair in the sink!
I'm not going to go bald am I? My hair is really thick so it doesnt show at all!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 11:01pm
It might be the perm, but it might also be your hormones going nuts (which it does often, I bet, if you're a teen). Also, during certain times of the year, hair falls out more--Late summer is one of these times. A normal amount of hair to lose daily is 50-100 hairs. If you're really worried, do a count.

Hope this helps and here's a ((hug)) for you

Anais
noname303 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noname303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2004 at 2:15pm
Thank you sooooo much!!! I didn't think it was the perm becasuse I was loosing it for a while! I will do a count sometimes.... I bet it was hormones, I never thought about that!!!!
Thank you soooooo much!
ps... thanks for the hug it was much needed!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 5:53am
Perms are a baaad idea. Some women have lost hair from them. Oprah once went eggshell-bald after a perm. My mother's hair was fried during her first and last perm. If you want curls, I'd stick to rollers.
Ching Ching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 6:04pm
anyone got any good ideas on how to recover from a perm hair loss related problem?

i mean if oprah went bald.....im sure other poeple could recover as well right?.........

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic