Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Loss from bleach/dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kasey Reub View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kasey Reub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loss from bleach/dye
    Posted: January 15 2005 at 9:39pm
Ok, so, I've been bleaching and dying my own hair for about 4 years now. (bleaching is the only way i can get the colors i want.) everyone keeps telling me that I'm gonna go bald. I just wanted to know, once and for all, can you actually lose your hair from dying it too much? I know you can lose it from too much bleaching but i bleach maybe once every 4 months. Longer usually. at that rate, is that too much? how long till my hair falls out?
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 4:51pm
Your hair can break off from overprocessing, like if you overlap onto previously bleached hair over and over again.. but I can't imagine that bleaching would make your hair literally fall out of your head unless maybe you used a bleach meant for off-the-scalp application, and you gave yourself a severe chemical burn. I've been either coloring, bleaching, or highlighting since I was 10 years old and discovered what a bottle of peroxide can do, hehe.. I'm not bald. I have overdone it before and had my hair break off from the damage, tho.
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 6:35pm
Alyssa is correct, over processing and overlapping especially bleach will lead to breakage. However your hair will Not fall out. Thats one of those little old wives tales to keep ppl from processing.

Whole head once, then roots there after.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic