Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lost looking for help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cold_lil_kittie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold_lil_kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lost looking for help
    Posted: January 30 2005 at 12:54am
Ok first off my hair used to be really thick and now it's much thinner i don't use dyes... or blow dry it or anything like that. seems lately when i shower or brush i lose a lot of hair..and i've done a little research on things... i know it's "normal" for us to lose 50-100 hairs a day..
i know that i've been stressed more then normal the last few months... been working on that also =) i haven't had my thyroid checked for about 4 years so i was thinking if the hair dresser... or using something isn't going to help that i should get it cheked..so i'm not exactly sure what to do here...
i haven't been eating right for years now... but last 2/3 weeks i've been trying to eat more fruit and veggies and such... but my scalp is dry same with my hair so i'm not sure if it's something simple as using a differen't shampoo and cond. or something more complex. any ideas?

Just not sure where to start. Oh and i'm a female and 23 =)

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 12:56pm
Well eating properly could be a start. If your hair is thinning and you just started eating some what correctly, it will take more than 2 weeks to show in u your hair. Also, what do you do to your hair when you are at home? Its nice that you go to the salon but what about your part in it? what shampoo and conditioners do you use? Remember healthy hair starts from the inside.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold_lil_kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:18pm
i use matrix biolage for shampoo and conditioner that my hair dresser gives me. I just went there today she checked she didn't see any bald patches or signs that it's thinning she said some people "shed" more then other esp in the winter dry months. I also found out ive been brushing my long hair wrong (my hairs about mid back) i've always brushed it from the top down but she said from the bottom up.

I've only been eating correctly for a few weeks add a lot more veggies and fruits and of course taking my vitamins now but thanks for telling me it takes 2 or more weeks to start showing up =)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2005 at 6:13pm
No problem, I am glad your answers now. You will probably see the healthier hair around the roots, the previous hair( older part of hair such as the ends) has the nutrience that it will receive, since you weren't eating correctly then it will show in that area. Remember it starts from the inside and then shows on the outside.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold_lil_kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 4:45pm
I was wondering i know it's the time of year and the coldness/dryness of the air and such but do you happen to know something you can use on your scalp when it's really dry? A friend said using a hot oil treatment would help was just wondering if you could use anything else?

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Never new it was so "hard" to eat right all the time and get enough fruits and veggies and what not guess thats why a lot of people don't ( no offence to those who do).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic