Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

deep conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deep conditioning
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:42pm
Does anyone know if deep conditioning 2 times per week by mixing 2 intensive conditioning products will damage my hair?Further,did anyone ever used Womens' Ultra Mega caplets by GNC and experienced hair loss after they had stopped taking it.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:42pm
> Does anyone know if deep conditioning 2 times per week> by mixing 2 intensive conditioning products will> damage my hair?Further,did anyone ever used Womens'> Ultra Mega caplets by GNC and experienced hair loss> after they had stopped taking it.Hi, Nicole!As a general rule, the mixing should not. However, I am qualifying my answer by saying it depends on what you are planning to mix. I am no chemical expert. I suggest you also post your question on the general Hair Talk forum for some feedback. For instance, I once mixed Aveda Curessence with a Nexus product with no problem, but the results were nothing spectacular. I have also made a homemade conditioner with a Haas avocado, honey and an egg yolk with superior results. You could use any of these by themselves.As to the GNC Women's Ultra Mega caplets, I have never heard of hair loss following discontinuing the product. However, you would have a much greater chance of hair loss if you discontinue a supplement which is "feeding" your hair coupled with a drastic dietary food restriction. In other words, if you've been taking the caplets and you alter your diet substantially, hair loss could occur. Personally, beware of some of GNC's products. Some contain some real fillers which your body and especially your hair and skin do not need. Also, their products can be higher than the suggested retail prices by the manufacturers. Lastly, be careful about the levels of Vitamin A which you are taking. I mean Vitamin A and not beta carotene. You can experience a "shedding" at a level of 25,000IU. If you decrease the amount, the shedding will stop.Hope this helps...Jade21
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic