Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you kidding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loneviking View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loneviking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you kidding?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
I surfed on over here from a bearded man's forum that Karen posted on. I can't believe that so many of you women have angst over growing your hair long. It's beautiful, natural and most guys I know can't leave it alone!I have two daughters and both have had their hair down to the middle of their backs and can grow if to the floor if the keep it washed and combed. I just wish my poor wife could grow hair like they can-----she has a bald spot on top and is too embarrased to do anything about it. Anybody know of anything short of hair transplants that might work?Anyway, if you girls think you have it rough with your long hair, you should see the hate mail, frowns and comments so many guys with beards of any length (but especially long ones) get!Thanks Karen for a place to rant, and your positive comments on our board!LoneViking
Jen Bahney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Bahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
Check out www.skinbiology.com. They create a wonderful face cream called Protect and Restore (you can read all about it on the Beauty Buzz message board) that I absolutely love. They also create a scalp cream called Folligen that's supposed to help regrow hair. I don't know if it works, but I can really vouch for the other product. Plus, the creator (Dr. Pickart) will answer your emails personally. It might be worth a shot.Best of luck,JenRelated Link:Bowers-Bahney Communications
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:44pm
Hi,Welcome to HB and Hair Politics. Glad you could surf by.I am so sorry to hear of your wife's problems with hair loss. Women get the short end of the stick in the hair loss market. Propecia was developed and works very well for most men...but not for women.In fact, it can be harmful to women. I know that research is being done on propecia that is safe for women but I am not sure where that is at.Many women have success with hair weaves. That allows them to have hair woven over the thin spots. Hair extensions, done correctly, using the highest quality human hair, are also good options.There are lots of theories on what makes hair grow and Spencer David Kobren believes that diet plays a part. You may want to read his book to get some ideas for your wife. I know that he is also doing research on hair loss issues for women.Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will continue to post your thoughts.Best wishes,Karen> I surfed on over here from a bearded man's forum that> Karen posted on. I can't believe that so many of you> women have angst over growing your hair long. It's> beautiful, natural and most guys I know can't leave it> alone!> I have two daughters and both have had their hair down> to the middle of their backs and can grow if to the> floor if the keep it washed and combed. I just wish my> poor wife could grow hair like they can-----she has a> bald spot on top and is too embarrased to do anything> about it. Anybody know of anything short of hair> transplants that might work?> Anyway, if you girls think you have it rough with your> long hair, you should see the hate mail, frowns and> comments so many guys with beards of any length (but> especially long ones) get!> Thanks Karen for a place to rant, and your positive> comments on our board!> LoneViking
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic