Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good hair--excuse me!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good hair--excuse me!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
Can anyone explain to me what people mean when they say you have good hair? I am so tired of people telling me I have good hair. Wouldn't anyone have good hair if they took care of it?
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Lurker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
> Can anyone explain to me what people mean when they> say you have good hair?I think that "good hair" is really difficult to define, but you can think of a paraphrase of a supreme court justice's quote, "I cannot tell you what "good hair" is, but I know it when I see it."Really, "good hair" is healthy, shiny, thick and well cared for, and I always like a good cut or style to make it "great hair". I have always thought that a woman with "good hair" is a real "head turner": one that you just cannot help but look at!> I am so tired of people telling me I have good hair.Oh, whatever!! Get a life!Most people, especially women, spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year to try and get just one complement on their hair, so be thankful of your god-given gifts. Sorry to rant and rave, but think about all the poor people who have "problem hair", or even those with alopecia!> Wouldn't anyone have good hair if they took care of it?Emphatically no! See the above: some people have real problems with their hair: too limp and thin, yucky color, frizzy and out-of-control....and NO AMOUNT of work or money spent will give them what you take for granted!Some people LOSE ALL THEIR HAIR to a disease called alopecia, which is not fully understood, but is probably an auto-immune disorder. They might have had really healthy and beautiful hair before, then it just all falls out!I knew a woman in college that this happend to....she had to start wearing a wig! She had really nice hair, and within a year it was all gone.You really ought to be happy that people complement you on your hair, it is a great natural asset. So, don't be a big baby and "get so tired of people telling you that you have good hair."Rant off.
H.Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
> Can anyone explain to me what people mean when they> say you have good hair? I am so tired of people> telling me I have good hair. Wouldn't anyone have good> hair if they took care of it?Kelly, accept the compliment with pleasure and gratefulness -- some people simply are unable to have good hair, for whatever medical/genetic reason. You're obviously very fortunate -- be glad and enjoy the beauty of your hair! :)
lurker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
Okay. I'm sick of this uninformed discussion. "Good hair" is a southern term for the hair of african-americans that is naturally straight or possesses little curl. It is/was used to distinguish from "bad hair", i.e. hair that is "typically" african-american -- tightly curled or kinky, unprocessed. It's a holdover term from when the closer one was to caucasion in appearance the more acceptable one's looks were and prized. That's what "good hair" means; it has nothing to do with health.> I think that "good hair" is really difficult> to define, but you can think of a paraphrase of a> supreme court justice's quote, "I cannot tell you> what "good hair" is, but I know it when I> see it."> Really, "good hair" is healthy, shiny, thick> and well cared for, and I always like a good cut or> style to make it "great hair". I have always> thought that a woman with "good hair" is a> real "head turner": one that you just cannot> help but look at!> Oh, whatever!! Get a life!> Most people, especially women, spend hundreds or even> thousands of dollars each year to try and get just one> complement on their hair, so be thankful of your> god-given gifts. Sorry to rant and rave, but think> about all the poor people who have "problem> hair", or even those with alopecia!> Emphatically no! See the above: some people have real> problems with their hair: too limp and thin, yucky> color, frizzy and out-of-control....and NO AMOUNT of> work or money spent will give them what you take for> granted!> Some people LOSE ALL THEIR HAIR to a disease called> alopecia, which is not fully understood, but is> probably an auto-immune disorder. They might have had> really healthy and beautiful hair before, then it just> all falls out!> I knew a woman in college that this happend to....she> had to start wearing a wig! She had really nice hair,> and within a year it was all gone.> You really ought to be happy that people complement> you on your hair, it is a great natural asset. So,> don't be a big baby and "get so tired of people> telling you that you have good hair."> Rant off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic