Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kate Mara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kate Mara
    Posted: August 07 2016 at 4:56pm
HAWG
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 7:21pm
she's not known for great hair...
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 8:15pm
Bummed about this. I could've lived with the blonde if she'd just kept the pixie. Looked so good and I was so happy it broke her out of that just-hanging-there combover bob she'd had, but there it is again in a different color...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 9:48pm
She has gorgeous hair when it's long, but I think she as a whole looks best when it's really short. 

This isn't her worst look by far, but it certainly isn't her best.
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 11:47pm
dare i say she looks almost albino, with her pale skin and sunglasses plus the very blonde color...or Andy warhol
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2016 at 2:17pm
Seems like she should look better than she does...doing a little research...I thought she rocked the pixie.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 8:55am
I'm actually more fascinated by the trend (that seems to be inexplicably ignored as a trend by the press) of going platinum this summer. Kate, Taylor Swift, Sophie Turner, amongst several others that don't immediately come to mind. Was there an excess of peroxide the beauty industry needed to dispose of?
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Rainbow Islands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Islands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 10:24am
Awful. The brunette pixie look was great, this look is just… Trashy and tasteless, to be honest.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2016 at 11:26am
I like it! Sexy!
jug jug to dirty ears
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 8:45am
I like it, too! Give Kate's new hair color a second chance by watching how she looked on "The Late Late Show with James Corden": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM5M8OdPy08 Clearly, taking time to prepare your hair and adding makeup for a TV show make a difference. 

Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 12:18pm
Better in the video clip, but "best" was still the red pixie. IMHO.
clgepsdo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clgepsdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

she's not known for great hair...

This is very true. But it shouldn't be. Look through some pictures of her at events through the years, and you can see that she has an amazing head of hair, thick, full bodied, beautiful color. What she doesn't seem to have is any sense of how to style it. She is very pretty, and her hair should be adding a va va voom edge that would put her into the wow catagory.  Instead most of the time it ends up putting her into the swing and a miss catagory.
She did seem to understand how to make the pixie work for her. She looked great with it most of the time. Simply because of that, she should probably go back. Which I think is unfortunate, because I think hair like that should be elbow length. But it just doesn't work for her.
clge
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 5:39pm
Now,  that is hot.  Much better than the first pic. 
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 10:55pm
She is really HOT
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2016 at 9:50am
streaky, over bleached, poufed out hair is 'hot'?  she's cute as a button, so she almost pulls it off...but not quite...my opinion only
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:58pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 4:05pm
I can deal with the current look
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 6:55pm
Not her best, not her worst. Styling avoids the "combover" effect of her previous longer-than-pixie looks. Still think the blonde washes out her face, or maybe the other way around.
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 8:54am
Yes, it's not a bad variation for her. Brunette does seem to add more depth of personality to her face, though. I'll bet on her to change color again before too long.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic