Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE- How Do People Respond When You Say You Are Growing/ Cutting Your Hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE- How Do People Respond When You Say You Are Growing/ Cutting Your Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RE- How Do People Respond When You Say You Are Growing/ Cutting Your Hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
Confusing to say the least!!, as I am growing my hair sooo many people say 'Are'nt you too old(I'm 37)?, I find this insulting as long hair suits me & I feel better in myself, I've said to a few people I may keep the short bob to see their response & I've heard 'that's great as you are so petite shows up your cheekbones & so on', of course all these persons have Long Hair!!!, I have one really good friend of 10years who has long hair & met me with long hair( 36inches), over the years with many disasters that gave me this bob my friend now has made me promise not to listen to anyone and grow for it,so Iam, & frankly in my most humble opinion we should not have to listen to the negativity of others, the one I Hate most is ' go for the short Power cut', well what on earth is a short Power cut supposed to look like or do for that matter!!. I say do what makes You Feel Good, I'm going to be the old Lady of 90 with long hair and feeling great!!(I Hope at that age!!) Best Wishes To all, Simone.(C). ;)
H.Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:48pm
Good for you, Simone! Hang in there, grow your hair, and find your own power length as opposed to power cut! :)
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Hi H.Taylor,Your post meant a lot to me thankyou so much as I've a lot of people putting the squeeze on me to cut off my hair but I Refuse!!!!!, even my haidresser told me I was being obsinate Ouch!, that was mean solution- an understanding salon is my new quest- one that understands you Really Want To Grow Your Hair!Take Care & Thankyou,Simone.(C). ;)Good for you, Simone! Hang in there, grow your hair,> and find your own power length as opposed to power> cut! :)
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Simone,It seems your experience with those who wish to push you into cuttingyour hair proves (yet again) that that there are plenty of (too many)short-hair advocates out there. Just the other day I spoke with along-haired lady friend who recently endured a similar experience...I am happy to hear for you that you are determined to have the hair youwant. Your resistance to those who pressure you to cut your hair willprove to add to the strength of your character. The hairdresser who hasdescribed you in such unkind terms seems only to want to tear down yourresolve, yes? What does that say about her? Nothing terribly flattering,IMHO...I wish you well in finding a salon that will work with you to help youachieve your hair-growing goals. Such stylists are hard to find butthey do exist. Good luck!Dave
David M Squires
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Once more: YOU GO, GIRL! :) Keep up the resistance, so to speak, 'cause it's your choice and your personal beauty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic