Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are you happy with the choices you made in life concerning your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you happy with the choices you made in life concerning your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you happy with the choices you made in life concerning your hair?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
HelloI can say that I am happy with the final choices and goals I have for myself concerning my hair.I have tried many styles in my years and I finally decided that long hair was best for me. Actually it reaches my waist and my goal is for it to reach my knees. Luckinly it is thick, healthy and shiny.As a baby I had no hair. As a young child i had blond hair and it was curly. as a young child at school it was short and light brown. In highschool it was shoulder lenght and dark brown.As a teanager I always wanted my hair black but I am now please that I have my natural hair color which changes a bit with the sun ( when we do have sun IN Canada. Poking fun at my province etc)Anyways do you feel the same way?
etznab View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etznab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
My hair has been various lenghts over the year, from buzz cut to but lenght. Right now it's at the middle of my back. My current goal is to get it waist lenght and keep it there.I'm happy with my choices in the past and with my current goal. I wish it would grow faster of course.There is one thing I often wonder about. It's more a curiosity than a regret though. My hair has never been chemically processed in any way. I often wonder what I would look like with different color hair. Any color really, darker, lighter, just something different.Even though I have virgin hair, it tends to be dry and splits easy. Thus I am reluctant to try any chemical process that could alter my already damage prone hair.
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
Diane, I can say that I've made some very ridiculous choices concerning my hair!!! I cut it off on whims, I colored it without thinking about the consequences, and don't even ask about the perms. . . . :) BUT now it's growing out from a chin-length (I'm aiming for waist-length) and I've learned to love its color and texture (blonde, straight, and fine). I think that once I started to appreciate my hair for what it is, I became happy with the choices I made.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
> Diane, I can say that I've made some very ridiculous> choices concerning my hair!!! I cut it off on whims, I> colored it without thinking about the consequences,> and don't even ask about the perms. . . . :) BUT now> it's growing out from a chin-length (I'm aiming for> waist-length) and I've learned to love its color and> texture (blonde, straight, and fine). I think that> once I started to appreciate my hair for what it is, I> became happy with the choices I made.Hi H.Taylor,It sounds as though you have broken free of the dictates that wecannot rationally appreciate our hair unless we cut/color/perm it.Congratulations! :-)Dave
David M Squires
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
I love my hair and the way that it looks on me but unfortunaltely many of my friends do not. I am a guy and I have the prettiest bob that turns under just below my ears with bangs. I really does fit me but all my friends tell me that it is a girls haircut and that it makes me look like a girl. I really do like it but I am going to cut it. So for me it is back the the experimenting.> Hello> I can say that I am happy with the final choices and> goals I have for myself concerning my hair.> I have tried many styles in my years and I finally> decided that long hair was best for me. Actually it> reaches my waist and my goal is for it to reach my> knees. Luckinly it is thick, healthy and shiny.> As a baby I had no hair. As a young child i had blond> hair and it was curly. as a young child at school it> was short and light brown. In highschool it was> shoulder lenght and dark brown.> As a teanager I always wanted my hair black but I am> now please that I have my natural hair color which> changes a bit with the sun ( when we do have sun IN> Canada. Poking fun at my province etc)> Anyways do you feel the same way?
Jamie :)
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Okay, I know I am speaking from a man¹s perspective, but in regards to things such as hair color, length, texture, etc. there isn¹t much difference between men and women, hair is hair. I believe each person should have the right to wear their hair in the style and length that pleases them most. Unfortunately, with social pressure and various whims, we often make changes we later regret.During the 1980s I had my hair permed several times. It was only later that I heard that chemical treatments can damage hair permanently (no pun intended). I don¹t know if this is true, perhaps some of you on this board could provide more accurate information regarding this question. At 52 I now have fine and wavy hair (it seemed coarser when I was younger) but the gray hair that is starting to appear is frizzy. Perhaps from genetics or the perms? Thankfully, according to my hairdresser, my hair is healthy. I never had an interest in coloring my hair. It is medium brown and I have often been complimented for the copper colored highlights that appear in bright light or sun. For me, I want to keep it the color God intended.In the early 1990¹s I made the decision to seriously grow my hair long. However, on two occasions, I succumbed to social pressure and had my hair cut short, supposedly for the possibility of a better job. Three years ago I started growing my hair out again, but kept the top, bangs and sides over my ears short. Now I realize my hair would look much better if it were all the same length, so I am once more going through the bad hair stage. It will probably be another year or two before my hair really looks neat.The primary purpose for this short (?) message is that we are all different. Some people, like my daughter in law, like to change their hair style every month, whereas others, like my wife, have the same style for years. Both women and men makes choices on how they wear their hair. We need to do what pleases us the most, keeping in mind that some decisions are more permanent than others.If I could go back thirty years and do it over again I would be more careful before making sudden decisions about my hair (and I would have grown it longer much sooner!) I would seriously consider the consequences before making a decision to cut. It was simple to have three years of hair cut off (it took less than a minute), but to grow it back has been INCREDIBLY SLOW! We need to count the cost before making rash decisions. And we need more often to go with our heart than on pure logic (and that came from a man!) Then when we make up our minds, we should enjoy our decision to be ourselves and enjoy the results.
Kent
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Thanks, Dave! I feel a lot better about my hair AND myself as a result. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic