Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair survey
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
Here is a link to an interesting survey (I like surveys and stats) about hair and related stuff carried out on the Good day America site.Here are a few snippets (which kind of go in line with the Hair Politics discussion board):43% of responders strongly agree that their hairstyle plays an important role in expressing who they are, only 6% strongly disagree.54% of responders strongly agree that it's important that their hair looks the way they want it to so they feel good about themselves, only 1% strongly disagree36% of responders strongly agree that they seek out hair-care/style advice that helps them bring out their best personal look, only 6% strongly disagree24% of responders strongly agree that a stylist knows what is best for their hair, only 7% strongly disagree.41% of responders strongly agree that they are willing to spend more money on hair-care products as long as they get quality, only 3% strongly disagree.45% of responders strongly agree that if their hair doesn't look right they don't feel confident, only 3% strongly disagree.Responders determine their own fashion/hair styles according to the following: they march to their own drummer (32%), they try to keep up with trends through magazines (28%), they don't find runway fashions relevant to their lives (22%), they keep up with the latest trends each season (12%), and they use my hairstylist to keep in touch (6%)And even though it's not really a Politics thing, one of the ones that I found amusing was:Some of the strangest things that responders have put in their hair to hold their hairstyle are: mayonnaise, mud, egg whites, shaving cream, a sock, toothpaste and tacky glue.Anyt thoughts/comments about the stats - any surprises?PaulRelated Link:Survey
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
> Some of the strangest things that responders have put> in their hair to hold their hairstyle are: mayonnaise,> mud, egg whites, shaving cream, a sock, toothpaste and> tacky glue.Back in the "punk rock" days of the mid-1980's, I met a girl at a club in Dallas (Club Sparkz...anyone remember this one? You had to climb into an elevator through a few holes busted in a wall to get to the club up on top of the building) who had a technicolor mohawk. It was about two feet tall and as hard as cardboard. I asked her how she got it to stay that way.The answer: egg whites, cornstarch, and an electric flat iron used by her roommate!No kidding.Zorak
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
>>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic