Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long vs. Short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long vs. Short
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:18pm
I need some help. I have shoulder lenght hair and would like to cut it short. I've had short hair before but I was a much smaller person. (about 30-40 pounds smaller) My problem is, I'm afraid that a short cut will make me look bigger than what I already look now. I'm 5'7" and 185 pounds. I know how large that is but most people think I weigh about 20 pounds less and are stunned when they realize my true weight. I just need help making this decision. All of the short cuts I'm seeing are on these beautiful thin models. That doesn't help at all. I have a professional career along with a career selling high fashion jewelry at home shows and I need to look my very best all of the time. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
Hi Gwen,I think if you do cut it really short and close to the head, it will definitely accentuate the rest of the body. You could cut it a little bit without going real short and still have some some fullness and body to "fill out" your northern hemisphere yet have it shorter than your shoulder-length hair.Since it's hard to help without a picture, I'd strongly recommend just going to your regular stylist for a consultation and tell him what you'd like and ask for his honest opinion on the overall effect. And perhaps he'll have some other suggestions that might work!Good luck.
Sabrina-Licensed Stylist View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabrina-Licensed Stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
> I need some help. I have shoulder lenght hair and> would like to cut it short. I've had short hair before> but I was a much smaller person. (about 30-40 pounds> smaller) My problem is, I'm afraid that a short cut> will make me look bigger than what I already look now.> I'm 5'7" and 185 pounds. I know how large that is> but most people think I weigh about 20 pounds less and> are stunned when they realize my true weight. I just> need help making this decision. All of the short cuts> I'm seeing are on these beautiful thin models. That> doesn't help at all. I have a professional career> along with a career selling high fashion jewelry at> home shows and I need to look my very best all of the> time. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help.start with something a couple of inches shorter.But go with long layers, this will take care of making your face look rounder. i am a what you consider a bbw. i have just below chin lenth with lots of layer, it looke much better on me. get a cut that you can really fix up when your at shows but nothing too complicated, with different cuts, it depends on your face shape 90%of the time. good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic