Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you choose the job or the hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
That's true. Let's not forget about the Dave Mattingly vs George Steinbrenner battle of wills over sideburns. Many baseball clubs do have (or did have) policies on facial hair, and most sports franchises have rules about dressing nicely when travelling. (Most ballplayers are wearing very nice, very expensive suits to/from their hotels.)I think a lot of these policies surround the visibility of the 'employee,' and are related to the public image of the company in question.> Hello:> I actually know a few companies that actually say in a> contract how long men should wear their hair and go in> details about beards and mustaches etc.
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
I'd leave the job exactly where it was sitting and look elsewhere. If I were to work for a person/corporation that stuffy, I'd be miserable. That would end up making my family and everyone around me miserable. Besides, I'd probably just quit in a few months if I took a job like that, as soon as I could find another job.Erika
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
>lets say you were in the position of working for one> of the best companies in the world that offered> everything you ever dreamed of in a job. The pay ,> vacations, etc was excellent.> Okay when you arrived for your final interview, the> CEO of the company explains to you in the interview> that they appreciate your expertise and want you to> start right away but there is one condition.> The condition is that every man and woman have to have> hair above their shoulders. It has something to do> with their image. And lets say that it is their legal> rights and you can't fight it etc. No short hair or> long hair allowed, just shoulder lenght.> What do you do?> Personally I would cut my hair because my family would> come first.Hi DianeI would do it unless it was a Saftey concern and there was no other choice . A friend of a co-worker was confronted with the same question she is a stunt woman tallasian girl with butt length or longer and the producer gave her one choice if the show is picked up for the 2nd seasonshe would have to cut her hair because the woman she was doubling for had hair above the collar .She took the job because she really need the money single mother of two and ablack belt in the marshal arts.
David M Squires
Waveman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
And some require that you submit to drug testing and I won't work for one of them either (though I've NEVER done drugs !).> Hello:> I actually know a few companies that actually say in a> contract how long men should wear their hair and go in> details about beards and mustaches etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic