Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstylists -- do you have one or many?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstylists -- do you have one or many?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
It seems like there are an awfully lot of stories on here about a woman going to a salon for a minor trim and ending up with a major and often severe short haircut! I suppose it could happen, but it seems unlikely to me.However, it sounds like most of these situations happened when someone decided more-or-less on the spur of the moment to get a trim as she passes a mall salon or something similar like that. In other words, it happened with a stylist who didn't usually cut her hair.My question: Do you have one stylist who is *your* stylist? Or do you simply make an appointment with the first available stylist you encounter in a mall or happen to catch on the phone?I personally have one stylist but if for some reason I went elsewhere, I would make darned certain I were paying close attention to what he was doing since the stylist would be unfamiliar with my hair and to avoid some unpleasant situtations that have apparently occurred to others!
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
I definately stick to one hair dresser. If I can't get an appointment with her, I wait until she has an opening. I don't really trust chain salons (I assume that this is what you mean by "mall salon") because you never know who you will get. One time, back when I had bangs that would look shaggy if I didn't trim them at least once a month, I was desperate for a trim (school pictures) and went to Walmart to get my hair cut. Big mistake! I ended up with a stylist who couldn't even trim long hair in a straight line. (My theory is that she must have been fresh out of beauty school.) She slipped up in trimming the back of my hair, and it ended up uneven. I didn't notice this until I saw myself in a mirror after I left the store, later that day. It could have been worse, of course...I just wore my hair tied back a lot for awhile until I could get it fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic