Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How about a new topic? Feathered hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about a new topic? Feathered hair.
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:41pm
Hi,Here's something I've been meaning to bring up as a topic on "Politics": The Late '70's early '80's saw a lot of women wearing the "feathered" look. You still see it around today. What do you think-should this be considered a modern classic? Word in the fashion mags is that it's making a comeback. (Why not, it seems every twenty years now brings back nostalgia of the twenty years preceding it -I think it started in the '70's with looking back to the 50's).I think it can look nice depending on the hair. I've already lived through it wearing as a teen in the early 80's.I have to say I love the feathered look version on guys.Your thoughts?Holly
bb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:41pm
> Hi,> Here's something I've been meaning to bring up as a> topic on "Politics": The Late '70's early> '80's saw a lot of women wearing the> "feathered" look. You still see it around> today. What do you think-should this be considered a> modern classic? Word in the fashion mags is that it's> making a comeback. (Why not, it seems every twenty> years now brings back nostalgia of the twenty years> preceding it -I think it started in the '70's with> looking back to the 50's).> I think it can look nice depending on the hair. I've> already lived through it wearing as a teen in the> early 80's.> I have to say I love the feathered look version on> guys.> Your thoughts?> HollyHi Holly,Personally, I hated it, because every woman on earth was trying to look like Farrah Fawcett. Her hair did look beautiful on her!!!!!!!!!!!! But if you can remember, we had been through the most unforgettable times for long hair,everybody had it and loved it!! Then, suddenly, all the beautiful long hair began falling to the beauty salon floors because everybody HAD to get the Farrah 'do. As a long hair lover, those were the saddest years of my life as far as hair goes, almost no one kept their long hair due to peer pressure to look like everybody else. I NEVER want to see THAT happen again.bb
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
> Hi Holly,> .....Then, suddenly, all the beautiful long hair began> falling to the beauty salon floors....Yeah, I was in high school in the mid-70's, and iI remember the "disco days" quite well (hated the dance craze, loved the rest of the 70's...sigh).I remember quite fondly many of the girls in high school loosing their long hair for the "disco hair" of the 70's. A refreshing change that I liked. Lots more fun and feminine than the old long straight look left over from the 60's and the Haight Ashbury days of the Summer of Love.Nothing was better than seeing some gals with plain old straight long hair get the shorter, layered styles that became popular in the 70's.Sorry you did not enjoy it as much as I did!ZorakBTW, there are *lots* of things I miss about the 70's: the freedom of my youth, the "most anything goes" attitide of the 70's culture (very different from the uptight 80's and 90's), analog not digital, CB's, vinyl albums, no "police state mentality", and just the general attitude - do your own thing. man!Jeez, as the millenium winds down, things are just too darn complicated now...too much beeping and buzzing and all the damn digital cell phones and such. I miss the old days: ANALOG was the coolest! Led Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult. George Carlin. The *original* Saturday Night Live with Dan Akroid and John Belushi....Lynrd Skynrd. CB's (wait, I said that already). Boo hoo, if Zorak could travel into the past......back to Berkeley I would go!
Kim, the Not-So-Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, the Not-So-Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
Hi all. I remember when the feathered look was in, although I was still in grade school. All my friends had curling irons, and my mother refused to get me one, complaining that it was too much effort to spend on a ten-year-old's hair. I was forced to rely on the blow-dryer to get my feathers, but as my hair was wavy, it took pretty well.Ironically, two years later I bought my own curling iron, and my mother would spend 45 minutes putting ringlets into my shoulder-length hair!My hair did well with the feathered styles and the eighties "big hair", being wavy but not too curly, but I had a lot of straight haired friends whose hair just flopped fifteen minutes after curling it. Now, I think they are getting their revenge; the stick straight Jennifer Aniston look is popular, which I couldn't hope to achieve without hours under a blowdryer. Hair trends never seem to take into account that different people have different textures and thicknesses of hair, which is why I don't follow them much any more.Good topic!Kim
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> Hi all. I remember when the feathered look was in,> although I was still in grade school. All my friends> had curling irons, and my mother refused to get me> one, complaining that it was too much effort to spend> on a ten-year-old's hair. I was forced to rely on the> blow-dryer to get my feathers, but as my hair was> wavy, it took pretty well.> Ironically, two years later I bought my own curling> iron, and my mother would spend 45 minutes putting> ringlets into my shoulder-length hair!> My hair did well with the feathered styles and the> eighties "big hair", being wavy but not too> curly, but I had a lot of straight haired friends> whose hair just flopped fifteen minutes after curling> it. Now, I think they are getting their revenge; the> stick straight Jennifer Aniston look is popular, which> I couldn't hope to achieve without hours under a> blowdryer. Hair trends never seem to take into account> that different people have different textures and> thicknesses of hair, which is why I don't follow them> much any more.> Good topic!> Kimyup, remember the 70's too... i've only had long hair as an adult, and bein' 18 in '79 you HAD TO HAVE the farrah look... some things i miss, but short hair isn't one of them!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic