Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miss America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss America
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:47pm
They could not have picked a worse candidate. She had the shortest hair of any of them. What a shame that such an individual is held up as an "ideal" of American Beauty. They could have and should have picked Miss Connecticut, Sylvia Gomes. She has long dark hair and wore it in a gorgeous bun at the pageant. The judges really missed the boat.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:47pm
> They could not have picked a worse candidate. She had> the shortest hair of any of them. What a shame that> such an individual is held up as an "ideal"> of American Beauty. They could have and should have> picked Miss Connecticut, Sylvia Gomes. She has long> dark hair and wore it in a gorgeous bun at the> pageant. The judges really missed the boat.HelloPlease remember that it is judge on the whole package , intelligence etc.
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
> They could not have picked a worse candidate. She had> the shortest hair of any of them. What a shame that> such an individual is held up as an "ideal"> of American Beauty. They could have and should have> picked Miss Connecticut, Sylvia Gomes. She has long> dark hair and wore it in a gorgeous bun at the> pageant. The judges really missed the boat.David, While I understand that you prefer long hair, why is it necessary for you to be so mean by saying that ALL short haired woman are ugly? I personally prefer rugged ,outdoorsy types of men to business suited conservative men, but I would never say,or think, that all business types are ugly!I prefer to base my opinions on peoples hearts, minds and spirits rather then their looks, and certainly not their hair.If you base your opinions only on hair length,you are missing out on many wonderful people in your life.That to me is sad! Lisa
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:51pm
>David I have not checked Hair Politics for a while, and I must say your comments can be rather cutting- is this what you are aiming for?. I have grown my hair from a crop to a bob now it is shoulder length, now as a photographic model I do not consider myself 'Ugly' nor will I let anyone make me feel ugly, so short or long I think I am quite attractive( as well as very intelligent).I suggest you take a Long Hard Look At Yourself,( hey what goes around comes around!!), & being nice is not hard, practice makes perfect Mr D.J. Lynch.This board is so full of extremely kind persons please do not ruin it for everyone-else.Take a day off & be nice!Best Wishes,Simone.(C). :-)David, While I understand that you prefer long hair,> why is it necessary for you to be so mean by saying> that ALL short haired woman are ugly? I personally> prefer rugged ,outdoorsy types of men to business> suited conservative men, but I would never say,or> think, that all business types are ugly!I prefer to> base my opinions on peoples hearts, minds and spirits> rather then their looks, and certainly not their> hair.If you base your opinions only on hair length,you> are missing out on many wonderful people in your> life.That to me is sad! Lisa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic