Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uhhh, guys and girls, Lynch is an obvious fake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uhhh, guys and girls, Lynch is an obvious fake
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:48pm
I've been busy for a few days and haven't checked in, but somehow I'm not surprised too see a circus here. I also recall a "certain" individual who has posted under *many* names as mentioning Lynch a number of times in e-mail to me and I think on the board (though I don't recall about the board). I don't know what the scam is here, but I don't buy it for a moment. Certainly, we all have preferences on hair (!!) but obviously this guy posted to get reactions, and he got what he wanted!Suggestion: The next time someone writes something terribly outrageous and ignorant, simply ignore it. If NO ONE answers, the post will quickly get buried and forgotten. Intelligent discussion is one thing, but this man (or woman, who knows?) is obviously a huge joke.PS to Lady Godiva -- I'm too lazy to look for the post where you mentioned a specific hairstyle, but I found it and simply wish to say: You have beautiful hair! And I liked the style where it was up yet part of it hung down -- very attractive. :-)
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:48pm
Jena! Glad to see you back. I was a bit nervous that I'd insulted you. Thanks for the compliments. Lately, instead of wearing it up, I've been wearing it in a single, slightly loose braid down the back. I leave the bottom 15" loose, so the braid is only in the middle two feet or so (starting at the nape of the neck). It is really fun to fling around. One person used to call my braid my "pet snake." :-)Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
> I was a bit nervous that> I'd insulted you.'Twas me, dear lady, who felt bad that I hadn't responded for awhile, but I really did have a project which took nearly all of my waking hours, so it certainly wasn't an intentional delay!Actually, I have to admit that I was a bit surprised to see your hair and others (including Karen Shelton's) -- not at the length, but at the health of the hair! I have to be honest, the very few women I've seen in "real life" (as opposed to photographs) with hair past their waists had extraordinarily thin ends, as if the hair hadn't been trimmed for years. I personally don't care for the look of hair at any length which is badly split on the ends.Unfortunately, when our only experiences are one-sided, we tend to view the world like that. In other words, I associated ultra long hair with very thin ends. However, I was quite pleasantly surprised! It is obvious that you, Karen and many others have taken exceptional care of your hair. Although I love long hair, if I had to choose between healthy-looking hair or long hair, I'd choose the healthy-looking hair. But what an incredible sight to see healthy *and* long hair! You are not only a good role model for long hair in general but a personal inspiration to me. :-) I've tried before, and I honestly don't think I have the genetics for ultra long hair (my very longest was a couple of inches shy of my waist), but a reasonable goal that would make me happy is about from below shoulder length to mid-back. It will take awhile, but I shall get there.Thank you,Jena :-)
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
Just for the records this man is real and not a fake. HE been around for a long time and always uses the same name.He also posted pictures of his wife.That is all I am going to say. I agree with you that his approach is very wrong.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
> Just for the records this man is real and not a fake.Just for the record, Mr. A. Hitler was real and not a fake. And Mr. Hitler also felt a certain segment of the population was "ugly." His means for dealing with the "ugliness" was far beyond human comprehension.We all have opinions and preferences which are neither right nor wrong. But it is wrong to pass off opinion as fact ("short-haired people are ugly," for example, which doesn't even say that the "hair" is ugly, but refers to the entire person) and to impose his will on others. Can you imagine someone saying that long-haired people are ugly and every woman is to be shorn else she be subjected to mockery and ostracism!?! It is no more ludicrous than what this jokester is proposing. Again, I believe that happened in Europe several decades before I was born...> He also posted pictures of his wife.My impression is that he has posted pictures that he claims are his wife, and that no one has proof. What man in his right mind would spew forth hatred and then publicly put his wife's pictures on display!?!I call his bluff.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
>> Hey Hey Hey Jena don't go scratch my eyes out for something I agree with you but who do you exactly think he is?Remember a while back someone thought you were a fake and you are not.This board tend to throw all kinds of rocks.Also Jena please remember something. Does it make you or I better when we attack someone eventhought they attacked and said something mean?You are better than that.You have a heart of pure, he didn't learn that or refuse to learn that in life. We cannot change him. We have to accept the things we cannot change and change the things we can and you nor I can ever change another human being period.Calling him a fake doesn't serve any purpose.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Just for the record, Mr. A. Hitler was real and not a> fake. And Mr. Hitler also felt a certain segment of> the population was "ugly." His means for> dealing with the "ugliness" was far beyond> human comprehension.Yeah Hitler was very much real. ( diane)> We all have opinions and preferences which are neither> right nor wrong. But it is wrong to pass off opinion> as fact ("short-haired people are ugly," for> example, which doesn't even say that the> "hair" is ugly, but refers to the entire> person) and to impose his will on others. Can you> imagine someone saying that long-haired people are> ugly and every woman is to be shorn else she be> subjected to mockery and ostracism!?! It is no more> ludicrous than what this jokester is proposing.Jena this is not about long hair or short hair this is about having respect for another human being which you and I etc try in life and it angers us when we see someone not respecting another human being ( Diane)> My impression is that he has posted pictures that he> claims are his wife, and that no one has proof. What> man in his right mind would spew forth hatred and then> publicly put his wife's pictures on display!?!Jena the pictures are in the archive of this site. OKay not everyone feels or think like us. Not everyone is very kind to others. Not everyone is respectful but it does not make that person a fake like it didn't make Hitler as per your example a fake. ( Diane)> I call his bluff.You can only call his bluff when you have proof which you don't. YOu are throwing rocks and you are better than that.Calm down. TAke a look at yourself in the mirror and thank God you have a heart.Hugs for my friend JenaDiane
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Diane,In response to your other message, I regret if it appeared I was angry with you because I'm certainly not!If "he" is for real, then I am truly saddened by his demeaning human value based on a superficial trait such as choice of hairstyle.But again, I do propose -- if a man loved his wife, or if he is for real, why would he make her a target by spewing forth vitriol on a public forum where her photo appears? It's a display of carelessness or callousness on his part.>YOu are throwing rocks and you are better> than that.What he is proposing is complete tyranny based on his own arrogant opinion. If someone doesn't throw rocks, he may bulldoze with tanks next time around.Yes, I realize this is a mere internet forum, but I highly doubt he realizes how his words sound to others. He cares what he thinks only and stated that those who think differently are subject to ridicule. Little voices turn into big voices if nobody else speaks up.....
Unregistered
Unregistered
>> If "he" is for real, then I am truly> saddened by his demeaning human value based on a> superficial trait such as choice of hairstyle.>Well Jena you finally hit the nail on the head. That is exactly how I feel. His life is not rich. I don't care to hurt someone feelings but I think he didn't care about what he wrote.
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
I do not post under any name but my own. Never have, never will.DAVID, Esquire> I've been busy for a few days and haven't checked in,> but somehow I'm not surprised too see a circus here. I> also recall a "certain" individual who has> posted under *many* names as mentioning Lynch a number> of times in e-mail to me and I think on the board> (though I don't recall about the board). I don't know> what the scam is here, but I don't buy it for a> moment. Certainly, we all have preferences on hair> (!!) but obviously this guy posted to get reactions,> and he got what he wanted!> Suggestion: The next time someone writes something> terribly outrageous and ignorant, simply ignore it. If> NO ONE answers, the post will quickly get buried and> forgotten. Intelligent discussion is one thing, but> this man (or woman, who knows?) is obviously a huge> joke.> PS to Lady Godiva -- I'm too lazy to look for the post> where you mentioned a specific hairstyle, but I found> it and simply wish to say: You have beautiful hair!> And I liked the style where it was up yet part of it> hung down -- very attractive. :-)
Unregistered
Unregistered
IN life when we improve our attitude we make our life richer and make the lives of others richer.When we care about other human beings we shower people with love and we get tons of it back.When we treat people with respect we are treated with respect.When we show appreciation , we are appreciated.Most people work on those qualities. Some people need to work on those qualities big time.LIke I said before , Jena you have a lot of those qualities and don't allow someone to bring you down. It is not worth it.Beauty is a combination of the inner self and experiences nothing to do with hair.I wish that one day our buddy David will learn this because what he said was very cruel and very abusive but who am I to disrespect him!
Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
>David Justin LynchYou know what David,three ladies in my town,are going toprotest your comments,that you made on this hair board.At my sales office the three long hair ladies,are goingto tuck their very long hair under a white rubber swimming cap,and then they will not let me see their pretty hair.The three ladies are going to have all their hair hiddenunder white rubber swimming caps. I will not be allowedto see their hair,because it belongs to them. Fortunatelythis will be a one day protest. What if the ladies atyour office start wearing white rubber swimming caps,David,and hide their long hair,so you can not see it.Then David,you will have to see the ladies for what theyare. The ladies will say their hair belongs to them and theyare not going to let you see it. You would have fit!!!!!
Madelen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
> You know what David,three ladies in my town,are going> to> protest your comments,that you made on this hair> board.> At my sales office the three long hair ladies,are> going> to tuck their very long hair under a white rubber> swimming cap,and then they will not let me see their> pretty hair.> The three ladies are going to have all their hair> hidden> under white rubber swimming caps. I will not be> allowed> to see their hair,because it belongs to them.> Fortunately> this will be a one day protest. What if the ladies at> your office start wearing white rubber swimming caps,> David,and hide their long hair,so you can not see it.> Then David,you will have to see the ladies for what> they> are. The ladies will say their hair belongs to them> and they> are not going to let you see it. You would have> fit!!!!!He'd have a fit, all right. He'd probably die laughing: a white rubber swimming cap is one article of dress guaranteed to make anyone look like a martian. I've got to confess, though, that I can't guess why your coworkers care that much about the hair-length dictatorship of a guy on a message board far, far away. Maybe something closer to home inspired this revolt.Madelen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic