Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I see something nice today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I see something nice today
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
I was at a grocery store and the lady standing in line next to me had medium length hair . Her hair was blondes with diffirent streaks of natural shades. Her daughter had waist lenght hair and it was thick, and a light red color shade.I find red an interesting color. My girlfriend has a girl that is a redhead. When the girl was a baby her hair was very red and now it has lighten up .
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
How about some light reading? Everyone seems quiet this weekend.1.> I cheated for dinner one night a while ago and went to McDonald's. I saw a mother and her daughter, both who had long hair. The mother's hair looked treated by something, because it looked dry, and ready to break off in a strong wind. However the daughter, maybe about eight or nine, had the most pretty long hair past her waist. I don't see very long hair often on younger children. I guess the mothers don't have time to help them with detangeling, ect....2.> Red looks best when it is natural. To me, when red coloring is attempted, it turns out looking orange. Maybe it's because the ones who color their hair red, and do it right, look natural to me.....3.> It seems that shy people tend to lean towards longer hair.....4.> My best friend thinks I should get out more, so she invited me to a trivia night at a hall. I had fun people watching. I saw a lady who twirled her ponytail all night. It looked like a giant corkscrew by the time we went home. I wouldn't want to detangle that the next morning.......5.> I might be full of stuffing on this one. It seems that lower income people tend towards longer untreated hair, while higher income people tend to treat and have shorter hair. There are exceptions, of course, and many here are probably the exceptions. This is only an observation on my part based on a small geographic area. If anyone wishes to respond to this idea, let's limit it to agree or disagree for your particular area. I don't want to know anyone's income level, or start a class war!6.> Excercise is a great way to clear a cluttered mind....My provider's home page says it's seventy degrees out and the sun is shining. So I will shut up and go loose a pound or two.
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
Since I started coming here to this board I am much more observant of other women's hair. When I was in Chicago last week, I saw a mom with 2 daughters and all 3 had gorgeous long blonde hair. The mom appeared to be about 40 and had beautiful blunt cut hair that was between midback and waist length. The older girl looked a lot like Alicia Silverstone and had a nice ponytail that came to the middle of her back and the younger girl had a beautiful waist length frenchbraid. There were also 2 brothers with them. What a busy mom she must be! I thought what a nice example she was to her daughters. It does take time to care for your own hair and to be a busy mom. WOW! I was really impressed. Sights like that make me all the more determined to get back to at least mid-back length. I have about 3" to go and another 4" of layers to grow out. I WILL get there! And hopefully a bit longer than that.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:49pm
>It> seems that lower income people tend towards longer> untreated hair, while higher income people tend to> treat and have shorter hair.That has been my observation, as well. Which is why I'm often surprised to see ultra long hair that is healthy! Not that long hair can't be healthy, but *sometimes* long hair is a result of someone simply ignoring her hair. And when that is the primary experience one has with long hair, well, it unfortunately can plant some less-than-positive seeds in people's minds about long hair.> 6.> Excercise is a great way to clear a cluttered> mind....I could not agree more! I left my house this morning at 5am and drove two hours to get to a 5K run. It was *magnificent*! I'm not terribly fast, but I won! Okay, okay, it was a door prize of a $50. running jacket, but I still won it. ;-)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> 5.> I might be full of stuffing on this one. It> seems that lower income people tend towards longer> untreated hair, while higher income people tend to> treat and have shorter hair. There are exceptions, of> course, and many here are probably the exceptions.> This is only an observation on my part based on a> small geographic area. If anyone wishes to respond to> this idea, let's limit it to agree or disagree for> your particular area. I don't want to know anyone's> income level, or start a class war!Dear Deana:I wonder how you came up with that conclusion?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> That has been my observation, as well. Which is why> I'm often surprised to see ultra long hair that is> healthy! Not that long hair can't be healthy, but> *sometimes* long hair is a result of someone simply> ignoring her hair. And when that is the primary> experience one has with long hair, well, it> unfortunately can plant some less-than-positive seeds> in people's minds about long hair.Jena> I am totally surprise that you and Deana came up with that conclusion about long hair and short hair and base on income because for me that is a totally off the wall thought. It certainly doesn't apply in my area for sure nor did it that rule ever apply in my home town etc. It must be a totally diffirent area you guys live in.Jena I guess you learn something about long hair. I guess you would also be surprise about my hair etc.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> What I love seeing also that the little girls have very nice dresses on etc.I often see mothers and daughter with long hair and everyone looks nice.
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> Dear Deana:> I wonder how you came up with that conclusion?Diane,It's probably social conditions in my area. Where I live, people do not live in a diverse setting. Although different income groups may live somewhat close, they live in clusters perpetuated by wierd zoning laws. It's not only income, either. But this is not where I want to go. I want to stay on the subject of hair. I'll just say I live in one type area and work in another, and I, maybe wrongfully, have made this conclusion. I would never know, unless I ask others from different areas and get more info. It could be that in Canada, people of different levels are more tolerent of each other, thus this difference may not show up.
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> I could not agree more! I left my house this morning> at 5am and drove two hours to get to a 5K run. It was> *magnificent*! I'm not terribly fast, but I won! Okay,> okay, it was a door prize of a $50. running jacket,> but I still won it. ;-)Congradulations, Jena! My passion is bicycling. I am slow,but I do eventually get to where I want to be.
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Carolyn,You saw a beautiful, but unfortunatly rare sight in today's society.
Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> Some Fathers do care,and do help daughters that have thinning hair,by taking them to a dermatologist. Bothof my daughters had thinning hair as teenagers. I spenta lot of time and lot of money,for visits to thedermatologist office for cortizone shots,hair vitamins,office visits,and I gave scalp massages,so my daughterscould grow and get back thick hair to the middle of theirback. It was very important to my daughters,that theywanted to have long hair. My two daughters told me theywould of gladly,have had long thick hair from theVictorian Age. Husbands and fathers have been called MaleChauvinists on this site,for their liking of long hairon ladies.The dermatologist said,thinning hair on young ladies,isoccurring in record large numbers. He went on to sayhe has had many teenage ladies,whom has treated forhair loss. Some teenage ladies would love to havehad long thick hair from the Victorian Era,but many ladiescan not grow long hair,because of thinning hair andhave to cut it short,because it gets so thin. It took alot of money and effort by me as a father,to help mydaugters to finnally get back their their thicker andand longer beautiful black hair,which is now grown tothe middle of their back.A lot of the shorter hair styles are due to the fact ofso many women,having hair loss and hair thinning,sincethe End of the Victorian Era. But the fathers and husbandsare not male chavunists for helping their daughters,growingback the lonmg hair they really want.
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> 2.> Red looks best when it is natural. To me, when> red coloring is attempted, it turns out looking> orange. Maybe it's because the ones who color their> hair red, and do it right, look natural to me.....I see dyed reds that verge on burgundy or even purple, and I gotta say, it's unusual.> 3.> It seems that shy people tend to lean towards> longer hair.....I have to ask another longhaired women about this one: Diane, would you call you and me "shy"? LOL! (Teasing, Deana...:-)> 4.> My best friend thinks I should get out more, so> she invited me to a trivia night at a hall. I had fun> people watching. I saw a lady who twirled her ponytail> all night. It looked like a giant corkscrew by the> time we went home. I wouldn't want to detangle that> the next morning.......I attended a clam bake last night, and there were a bunch of teenybopper girls there, murdering perfectly innocent songs on a karaoke machine. The adulation I received from these same squeakers was enough to make anyone's week, and then the men there really thought my hair was cool, too.Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
> That has been my observation, as well. Which is why> I'm often surprised to see ultra long hair that is> healthy! Not that long hair can't be healthy, but> *sometimes* long hair is a result of someone simply> ignoring her hair. And when that is the primary> experience one has with long hair, well, it> unfortunately can plant some less-than-positive seeds> in people's minds about long hair.I pretty much ignored my hair for the first ten years of growing it out. All I knew was that if I combed carefully, kept it tied back in a braid most of the time and washed infrequently, that would pretty much do the trick. It worked. It's a pretty inexpensive hairdo.Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Unregistered
Unregistered
Hello Mark:YOur story reminds me of a little girl I knew when I was younger. I am not sure what disease she had but her hair was so so thin.I have no idea what happen to her today but you reminded me of her.>>>>
Unregistered
Unregistered
>> I have to ask another longhaired women about this one:> Diane, would you call you and me "shy"? LOL!> (Teasing, Deana...:-)Hello Jennifer:Am I shy? Well I was very shy for the longest time and I work on that part for years. No I didn't have long hair during that period time.No I can't say I am shy now. I can afford to be shy when I teach a class or when I am hired as a spokeperson or when I am go into companies as a temp.But how know maybe someone might have thought that when I got out of the car on day and it was pouring rain and I put all my hair upfront to cover my face so that my makeup wouldn't run. Maybe they would have thought I was shy or just cousin It! lol lol
Unregistered
Unregistered
>> I have to ask another longhaired women about this one:> Diane, would you call you and me "shy"? LOL!> (Teasing, Deana...:-)Hello Jennifer:Am I shy? Well I was very shy for the longest time and I work on that part for years. No I didn't have long hair during that period time.No I can't say I am shy now. I can't afford to be shy when I teach a class or when I am hired as a spokeperson or when I am go into companies as a temp.But how know maybe someone might have thought that when I got out of the car on day and it was pouring rain and I put all my hair upfront to cover my face so that my makeup wouldn't run. Maybe they would have thought I was shy or just cousin It! lol lol
Unregistered
Unregistered
> I don't know. All I know is that a haircut is cheap over here. You can easily pay $6.00 etc to $30.00 for a haircut.I would say there are more short hair people around my area than anything else. Then there are medium lenght hair which includes shoulder lenght to the middle of the back which is very common here.Waist lenght is getting rare and anything longer than that is extremely rare . So that conclusion really does not apply to my area at all.
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:50pm
Oh I so agree with you guys! I don't have a daughter but I do have a son. I love him more than anything but when I see sights like the mom and girls with that gorgeous long hair, I feel like I have missed out on something I would have really enjoyed. Oh well, maybe he'll give me a couple of grand-daughters, but not in the too near future I hope!Ha Ha!Diane, I love seeing the moms and daughters with the cute outfits too. I love "people watching" especially when I have a little extra time at the mall. Whenever I see a woman with gorgeous long hair I mentally strengthen my resolve to have it again myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic