Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstyles on mature men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyles on mature men
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
Should a mature man, as in over 40, wear long hair? We have discussed the thinning of hair with age, but this is more a male than female problem. Should the mature man cut his hair short when it begins to thin? Can thinning or balding older men still attract mature ladies, or is this a big turn off?Is it more what is inside, or are we on our own vanity trip and looking only towards outward appearances. I sincerely hope that both men and women see humor in life, and accept with laughter changing brought by the passage of time...If his hair remains thick, should a mature man wear long hair?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> Should a mature man, as in over 40, wear long hair? We> have discussed the thinning of hair with age, but this> is more a male than female problem. Should the mature> man cut his hair short when it begins to thin? Can> thinning or balding older men still attract mature> ladies, or is this a big turn off?> Is it more what is inside, or are we on our own vanity> trip and looking only towards outward appearances. I> sincerely hope that both men and women see humor in> life, and accept with laughter changing brought by the> passage of time...> If his hair remains thick, should a mature man wear> long hair?you betcha! do whatever will make you feel the best about your personal appearance (within the bounds of law!!!) and go ahead and let the loose end drag!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
Hi Steve,> Should a mature man, as in over 40, wear long hair?Sure -- if that's what he wants, why not?> We have discussed the thinning of hair with age, but this> is more a male than female problem. Should the mature> man cut his hair short when it begins to thin?It depends on how he feels about it. I've seen many men with varying degrees of hair loss who wear their hair long.> Can thinning or balding older men still attract mature> ladies, or is this a big turn off?I can't answer this, but I'm willing to bet the answer is "Yes."> Is it more what is inside, or are we on our own vanity> trip and looking only towards outward appearances.It depends on the person. I think maturity heightens awareness of what's on the inside, though I am not yet old enough (over 40) to be "mature" to know for certain. ;-)> I sincerely hope that both men and women see humor in> life, and accept with laughter changing brought by the> passage of time...Whether our response to such challenges is laughter or renewed vigor is something that is continually refined by increasing maturity.> If his hair remains thick, should a mature man wear> long hair?Again, if he so chooses.Hope this helps,Dave
David M Squires
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> you betcha! do whatever will make you feel the best> about your personal appearance (within the bounds of> law!!!) and go ahead and let the loose end drag!lynda,Thanks. I will definitely try to keep it within the law. Personally, I like my hair longer, and it remains very thick, but some snow has started to accumulate on the rooftop.
Glenn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> lynda,> Thanks. I will definitely try to keep it within the> law. Personally, I like my hair longer, and it remains> very thick, but some snow has started to accumulate on> the rooftop.A beard and moustache often completes the look when a mature guy grows his hair out, particularly if its thinning or balding, don't you think ?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> lynda,> Thanks. I will definitely try to keep it within the> law. Personally, I like my hair longer, and it remains> very thick, but some snow has started to accumulate on> the rooftop.snow? c'mon, grey is distinguished!!! anyway, they make hair color for men...but ronald regan really couldn't pull it off, tho...
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> A beard and moustache often completes the look when a> mature guy grows his hair out, particularly if its> thinning or balding, don't you think ?oh yeah! mustaches and beards (except for the zz top look. horrors!) look good on a man. not so flattering on woman in our society, however...*smile*
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> snow? c'mon, grey is distinguished!!! anyway, they> make hair color for men...but ronald regan really> couldn't pull it off, tho...I talked to my hairstylist about coloring my hair. She said the same thing - grey hair is distinguished. Does distinguished now have a different meaning? I always thought distinguished meant to set apart from others by some mark of honor. You women have given me a different perspective. Distinguished means set apart by years. :)
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> I talked to my hairstylist about coloring my hair. She> said the same thing - grey hair is distinguished. Does> distinguished now have a different meaning? I always> thought distinguished meant to set apart from others> by some mark of honor. You women have given me a> different perspective. Distinguished means set apart> by years. :)no. grey hair on a man is distinguished; on a woman it means she's old! at lest that's what the clairol commercials say!! he, he. i see nothingwrong with wearing your age with pride unless using means available to you to look younger help your self-esteem.
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> no. grey hair on a man is distinguished; on a woman it> means she's old! at lest that's what the clairol> commercials say!! he, he. i see nothingwrong with> wearing your age with pride unless using means> available to you to look younger help your> self-esteem.Lynda,I personally plan to fight old age every step of the way. I absolutely, positively refuse to grow old.
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Lynda,> I personally plan to fight old age every step of the> way. I absolutely, positively refuse to grow old.well, there's always peter pan's island! :c)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic