Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair care
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> not to get too deeply into the psych part, asking for> help is a really big thing for me. i really don't want> to burden the poor kid any more than she already is;> between college full time, work part-time, and now ALL> the house work i don't think it's fair of me to ask> more. she has realized one thing however, she has a> glimmer of the responsibility of being a single> parent! we had discussed that before, but now she> REALLY has a better idea. i'm happy you have your dog.> mine was put to sleep about a year ago and i still> miss her. and your mother is indeed fortunate to have> a son willing to help her.Lynda,Your daughter is already doing a lot. I am sure you will manage. Really sad to hear about your dog. We are never burdened above that which we are able to bear, a biblical promise. Again, Good Luck, You seem like a very sweet woman.
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Lynda,> There is a time and place for everything under heaven,> to paraphrase an old song. A few minutes helping her> mother will not affect her life, and besides, you gave> her life, let her give back something to you.> He also gives who only stands and waits. My dog is> totally dependent upon me. He gives when he nudges me> with his nose and wants attention. He gives when he is> totally accepting of me, even when I might not be up> to showing him affection. My mental health is improved> by having a creature so fully accepting of me and who> loves me in and out of season. Dogs can teach us a lot> about life.> I too am self-reliant, and only in my mature years> have I learned that the gracious acceptance of> assistance is, in fact, a gift in itself. Within one> year my mother had a heart attack and stroke. A very> self-reliant women, she was thrust into accepting> assistance. Giving back to her, not only assists her,> is an enjoyable burden to me, but has greatly improved> my self esteem.> So, if you want to improve your daughter's self> esteem, allow her the privilege of helping.not to get too deeply into the psych part, asking for help is a really big thing for me. i really don't want to burden the poor kid any more than she already is; between college full time, work part-time, and now ALL the house work i don't think it's fair of me to ask more. she has realized one thing however, she has a glimmer of the responsibility of being a single parent! we had discussed that before, but now she REALLY has a better idea. i'm happy you have your dog. mine was put to sleep about a year ago and i still miss her. and your mother is indeed fortunate to have a son willing to help her.
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> unfortunatly my daughter can be a little rough...plus> she's busy with work and school. y' know how we like> to be proud and self-reliant!Lynda,There is a time and place for everything under heaven, to paraphrase an old song. A few minutes helping her mother will not affect her life, and besides, you gave her life, let her give back something to you.He also gives who only stands and waits. My dog is totally dependent upon me. He gives when he nudges me with his nose and wants attention. He gives when he is totally accepting of me, even when I might not be up to showing him affection. My mental health is improved by having a creature so fully accepting of me and who loves me in and out of season. Dogs can teach us a lot about life.I too am self-reliant, and only in my mature years have I learned that the gracious acceptance of assistance is, in fact, a gift in itself. Within one year my mother had a heart attack and stroke. A very self-reliant women, she was thrust into accepting assistance. Giving back to her, not only assists her, is an enjoyable burden to me, but has greatly improved my self esteem.So, if you want to improve your daughter's self esteem, allow her the privilege of helping.
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> Lynda,> Spunds like a good time to allow your significant> other, or freind to help you with your hair. Trying to> put your hair up with one hand, or fix it would be> frustrating, at least. You could manage putting your> hair up, if you just have some assistance from your> other hand. Whatever, don't even consider the adhorent> thought.> When I broke my hand and wore a cast, I just learned> to depend upon others. Good luck!unfortunatly my daughter can be a little rough...plus she's busy with work and school. y' know how we like to be proud and self-reliant!
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> i just had hand surgery and need suggestions on how i> can put my hair up one-handed. other than cutting it> (an abhorent thought!) i'm not sure what i'll be able> to do...any help would be very appreaciated..Lynda,Spunds like a good time to allow your significant other, or freind to help you with your hair. Trying to put your hair up with one hand, or fix it would be frustrating, at least. You could manage putting your hair up, if you just have some assistance from your other hand. Whatever, don't even consider the adhorent thought.When I broke my hand and wore a cast, I just learned to depend upon others. Good luck!
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
> Dear Lynda,> I'm so sorry about your surgery, but hopefully soon> your hand will be much better!> I'm just guessing that you don't live with another> person who may be able to help. This is hard,> obviously....> Don't laugh, but there is one thing that comes to mind> using one hand: a scrunchie! Certainly, almost> anything you do is not going to be easy, but if you> don't have any or the full use of one hand, you simply> have to do the best you can. Scrunchies are relatively> big and the elastic isn't terribly tight, so you may> be able to pull your hair back in one.> Is washing your hair very difficult? Maybe you could> splurge a bit and go to a salon just for a shampoo and> optional styling every few days. I once had an allergy> scratch test on my back, and I couldn't bathe for> three days! So, I did what many of our mothers did but> most likely what we don't do these days -- went to the> salon just to get my hair washed. And it was> wonderful!> Wish I had better ideas for you.> Take care,> Jenathanks, jena... i'd rather spend my money on myself than bills any day!*laugh*
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
Dear Lynda,I'm so sorry about your surgery, but hopefully soon your hand will be much better!I'm just guessing that you don't live with another person who may be able to help. This is hard, obviously....Don't laugh, but there is one thing that comes to mind using one hand: a scrunchie! Certainly, almost anything you do is not going to be easy, but if you don't have any or the full use of one hand, you simply have to do the best you can. Scrunchies are relatively big and the elastic isn't terribly tight, so you may be able to pull your hair back in one.Is washing your hair very difficult? Maybe you could splurge a bit and go to a salon just for a shampoo and optional styling every few days. I once had an allergy scratch test on my back, and I couldn't bathe for three days! So, I did what many of our mothers did but most likely what we don't do these days -- went to the salon just to get my hair washed. And it was wonderful!Wish I had better ideas for you.Take care,Jena
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
i just had hand surgery and need suggestions on how i can put my hair up one-handed. other than cutting it (an abhorent thought!) i'm not sure what i'll be able to do...any help would be very appreaciated..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic