Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did I make the wrong choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did I make the wrong choice
    Posted: January 16 2000 at 8:34am
I recently cut my haircut. I wore a layerd tucked behind the ears look for a few years and got sick of it, so I started to grow out my hair. It got messy looking with all the layers, so I decided to go with a more defined look. My hair was only about chin length on the sides because of the layers, so I decided on a bob. When I got to the salon my stylist asked me if I wanted to have some fun with a more hip style, since I don't consider myself real hip, I said why not, so the final result was a lip length bob angle up to the optical bone, the back is short, very short. She used a #2 attachment to cut it. Anyways I have over heard people at work make smart comments on my hair, like "what was she thinking" ect. Is this syle unapproiate for the work place, have I made a mistake
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2000 at 12:40am
Do you like the style? Do you like the reaction you are getting? Personally, I think the style you describe is "ok" for a teenager. I'm guessing you are not. What type of job do you have? This would matter - whether it is appropriate or not. Over time the stares and comments should subside. Until then, you can come up with a "cute" comeback, maybe something like: "See I don't have eyes in the back of my head". You could also try to get it fixed though it probably would require a very short style.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2000 at 5:22pm
Its your hair so whatever you decide to do should be OK as long as it is what you wanted. Tell everyone else to mind their own business. I am sure you don't go around insulting their hairstyles.

Hang in there.

Best wishes,
Karen

PS. Sometimes people make comments about my long hair too and I try to be polite but I basically tell them it is my hair and I will wear it the way I want to.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 4:12pm
This depends on so many things that is hard to generalize. Personally I think the look describe can be awesome if you have the right face shape, features etc. Also depends on what sort of business you are in.

The fact that some people are saying rude things is irrelevant. Whenever you make a change it is likely to provoke a response and the bigger the change the more the response. Especially if you are not a typically flambouyant person. You only live once anyway.

The great thing is that it will be very easy to grow this style out without a lot of awkward inbetween stages. Take some pictures of yourself now so that if you grow it out to a longer bob you will be able to compare and see what looked best on you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic