Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you think of parents allowing their very small children in dying their hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think of parents allowing their very small children in dying their hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think of parents allowing their very small children in dying their hair?
    Posted: March 19 2000 at 8:04pm
The other day I noticed this nine year old boy with blonde hair. He normally has dark brown hair. I thought it was kind of strange but that is just me. What do you think?
dianefromcanada
longhair2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhair2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 2:19am
Personally, I think that children that young should not be undergoing dyeing of hair, but it's better to be blonde than green, purple, or blue.

longhair2000
hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 4:08pm
Personally I wouldn't encourage it but I think its vastly preferable to them getting tatoos or piercing strange body parts at that age.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2000 at 7:45pm
I am not sure if you are aware of this but the child that has blonde hair mean that his hair was bleach to reach that color. His natural color is dark brown.
At least with blue, pink , green it things like koolaid that they are using. Nothing serious.
dianefromcanada
sanders View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2000 at 5:50pm

I think a nine year old boy is not a very small child.

Furthermore, I can't see what would be wrong with it.

-S-
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 9:38pm

I actually bleached my 7 year old son's hair and a crew cut.  He has naturally dark brown hair.  I told him if he did well in school, stayed out of trouble, etc, he would be allowed to get his hair done.  That is what he wanted, no big deal.  He is growing it out now so he will have the "tipped" look.  It wasn't an ear piercing, or a tattoo, it's just hair color.  I think we pick our battles when they are young and give them a little bit of room to express themselves;  in turn, they will be able to learn good decision making skills which are crucial for those teen years.

K.B.M. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K.B.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 3:25pm
Reply to message: 10.2872.1
NO BIGGIE!!!!
I THINK IT`S CUTE.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2000 at 2:08pm
I think it is up to the parent to ascertain exactly WHY the child/young person wants to dye their hair. If it`s just to be different, or because so-and-so does it, or just to get up someone`s nose then no. If however they are reasonably bright and show signs of knowing what is a co-ordinated image strategy then I`d say yes within reason, and keep an eye on them.
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic