Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jose Eber.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jose Eber.
    Posted: June 06 2000 at 4:03am
Several months ago before the site was made-over, the hair stylist Jose Eber was unfairly blamed here on "Hair Politics" for being a long hair hater. It was said that he always chops women's hair off.

This is not in line with what I have read recently. I found an old book written by him in 1982 (and remember that in 1982 super long hair was out and layers were in). Jose stated that he DISAGREES with the notion that women over forty should automatically cut their hair short. The gist of it was you should look like you are able to carry it off,
and for women who do look older, they shouldn't wear their
hair extremely long (I don't necessarily agree with this). He even went on to state that long hair is easier to take care of than short hair! I don't see some of the people here who made statements about him, but even then I knew the statements about him were inaccurate-I just didn't have the book with me at the time.

I guess my point is that just because a stylist wants to do exactly that-create styles-then those who are die-hard fans of "Leave it Alone Long Hair" should not make unfair statements before you have made certain that is the true thoughts about hair by the stylist. Keep in mind that maybe when he was seen doing mnake-overs the women may have actually wanted to have their hair shorter. I think he does excellent styling.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2000 at 12:15am
I totally agree that he does excellent styling.
I find that there are many fun short hair styles if someone wants to play. I remember that I use to love changing my looks so often.
I agree that people should see the beauty in some of the stylist's creations as some of them are very talented people who really cares.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2000 at 10:09am
I think there is no objectivity in appreceating hair styles in the one or in the other way. I don't like short hair styles, ever they look like. That doesn't mean that I can not abstract from outer appearances to inner beauty or that I don't like short haired women.

For me the short hair style appearances are a kind of art for special friends, maybe for the majority of the people, but not for humen in general. From my point of view in most cases the beauty of long hairs has been distroyed. I think that natural long hair has it's own quality and there is no possibility to improve it (if the rules of hair care have been considered), but I know that I can not generalize my opinion (and I don't want it). I only want to say the appearances of haires in all of it's possibilities can have it's own counterpart, and the same is true with all kind of music or generally all kind of arts, but all of this can have it's own non believers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2000 at 1:42pm
I am not sure about that Wolfgang that the beauty of long has been destroyed.
We say that long hair isn't much work but in reality hair period is work.
When I wake up I have to make sure my long hair is presentable and when I go to bed I have to make more effect to make sure that I don't sleep on my own hair. Really sometimes it is a real pain. It is getting to the point that I feel that I need a ponytail in bed to. Sometimes it is not so much fun brushing all that lenght or I feel I don't have that time.
After a while people get tired of all that extra little time of making sure everything is just just right.
Wolfgang everyday I see beautiful long hair women of all ages. Just the other day I seen this very long hair lady waiting at the bus stop and her hair was reddiest.
I guess which angle you look at . I just appreciate the color of hair. I seen the most beautiful black hair the other day and her hair was short.
Then we have to realize not everyone looks good with long hair as not everyone looks good with short hair.

dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2000 at 10:19am
Diane, I thank you for your response, it is very nice and helpful.

I think your point of view gives more possibilities to deal with different opinions and their creations as my own one. And your world allows the existence of long hairs.

Maybe I am too isolated in personally relationships, so I go to the foundations of feelings, and this gives no compromises. The outcoming is without any doubt, there is nothing that inspires me in view of short hair styles.

It is sad if long hairs give pain, and then it seems impossible to complain it's disappearance. But this can not be the full truth. In some cases long hair survives all difficulties until the end of life. I hope the reason is some kind of enjoying the life, nothing else.

I can not believe that in some (or many) cases people look better with short hairs. I have seen a lot of changes from long to short in my life, but I have NEVER seen an improvement. So I think that terms like "beauty", "better" and so on are only subjective.

I don't know why people as Jose Eber give rules of beautiness, like an "older woman should not have very long hairs". It only comes to reality why people believe in it.
kaytee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2000 at 12:02pm
I think it all depends on if the "long" hair is healthy or not. You see these women with long stringy paper thin hair, in that case a shorter hair style may compliment them better.
Damage caused by color and perms may also result in lackluster. cotton candy,flyaway, haystack hair. The only remedy is to cut it off.
Women over a certain age trying to look like teenage girls is somewhat confusing to me. They might think it looks good, it does not!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2000 at 10:34pm
Hello Wolfgang:

Some women have a very dramatic personality for example and can easily carry many short styles with class and the same ladies wouldn't look good with long hair.
I have seem ladies with long hair that should have had short hair but I guess we are all entitle to our opinions.

But think of this Wolfgang. One mold doesn't fit everyone.

dianefromcanada
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2000 at 4:13am
I agree that older women who dress like teenagers really don't look their best. However, I don't think they should wear matronly clothes, either (not that you were implying that). I just see a lot of women here in England who dress TOO old for their age!

I just think that older women shouldn't wear clothes like crop tops with micro minis, for example. However, that doesn't mean that can't wear trendy and look great. Just don't wear clothes that are too obviously teenager type clothes.

As for hair length, I think a woman of 80 could wear waist length hair as long as the hair is in condition and she has an elegant style. Depends on the person.

Happyblonde
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic