Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone seen Bobbed Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarolG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone seen Bobbed Guy
    Posted: June 18 2000 at 12:24am
OK...so I typod one post and double posted another. Perhaps the Good Lord is telling me to shut off the darn computer and get to bed.

I just have to ask one more thing...Bobbed Guy, how are you doing? Do you still like your bobbed style now that you have had it for awhile?

When I went in to work today to catch up on a project, I noticed that one of our webmaster guys had a dramatically different cut. He went from longer than sholder length layered cut with a goatee to a earlobe length bob, all one length, facial hair is gone.

All I can say is !!! WOW !!!
It looked great! He is a younger fellow, probably mid 20's, and it just suited him beautifully. It just looked so modern and so natural, I found that when I left, I could not picture his old haircut anymore.

Bobbed Guy, I am catching up on your story after the fact, but I am guessing you have had your cut long enough to really have an opinion on it...good or bad. Tell us! Please!!

Thanks,
Carol G.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2000 at 7:46am
Hi all. Yes I still have my bob cut though I had to have it done a little differently due to some big meetings at work. I just had some layering put in it so that I could feather it for the meetings. Anyway, yes I love my bob. I am growing it back now and it is getting better everyday. I still say that you can't beat the versatility and movement of bob cuts. My bangs are geting a little long so I will have to have them trimmed soon.
I am thrilled to hear about your pal at work that got a bob. Do you think that if you mentioned that you know of another guy with a bob he might let ou take a picture that you could send to me? That would be nice. As I have said before, some guys have faces that suite bob styles and I wish that society would get over this girl style / boy style thing and let guys have the length and style hair that suites them rather than having to conform to steretypes.
carolg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2000 at 7:57am
I like your attitude...some guys just look better in styles that are more traditionally more feminine. The whole point of having a hair style is to look good, right? Balancing the right look for work can be tough sometimes. I'm pretty hard on myself when it comes to my "day" style.

Anyway, as far as the pictures, I saw the web guys again this weekend (I had a lot of travel set up for this month so I haven't been in office much during the week). I don't really know the bobbed fellow too well, and I am a little shy about asking to take his picture, but maybe I'll get over it.

I think somebody said a few of these guys play in a band from time to time, and if that's true I'll see if I can grab any band photos.

C.G.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2000 at 8:04am
Carol, that would be great. Some guys do look better in styles that are traditionally more feminine. I fall into that category. Same goes for girls. Some look super in shorter cuts that are traditionally more masculine. The thing is that girls can do these things and people think that it is great but a guy with a more feminine style like my bob many times get looked at strangely and I am sure that some people talk behind my back about my hair but I love the way that it looks, the movement that it has, and the versatility that it offers and I am not afraid to be different. Anyway, how long is the web guys bob? Does he have bangs like me?
carolg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2000 at 6:37pm
I think it's a really attractive cut. It doesn't strike me as being that feminine. It also can't be worn by all guys...but not all styles can be worn by everyone.

I also thought of a waitress at one of our favorite restaurants...she has extremely short curly hair, probably less than 1 inch long. If I would compare it to something more common, I would say it looks like a crew cut on an executive male. I think she looks very striking, and the look is quite attractive on her. However, not all women can wear that cut.

So, as far as my co-worker, the bob is curly, around chin length with no bangs. I thought it was around earlobe length, but it was unusually humid and I think his curls might have been tighter than usual. I have curly hair too, and with the A/C not running at full strength (it was a Saturday after all) I remember my hair being a frizzy mess when I got home.

By the way, I asked him about the band, and if they had a CD or anything. He said they have a new one, and he'd bring a copy in this week. I may have pix for you soon.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2000 at 8:47am
carol,
A pic would be nice. I know what you mean about the humidity and curly hair. My hair is actually naturally very wavy but I blow it straight every morning and on humid days (it seems like almost every day during the summer) my hair wants to start kinking. I hate that. I have tried letting it dry naturally but it looks like a rats nest. If you are interested I have a couple of pictures of my bob. They are kind of dark but you can get an idea of the cut. Only thing I would ask is that you don't spread them around. There is something about being all over the internet that scares me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic