Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstyles in the frozen North

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyles in the frozen North
    Posted: July 29 2000 at 7:27am
These are some of the "mane" differences I noticed upon a recent trip to Helsinki, Finland; 1) More women have short hair, and not just brushed over the ears; the more severe crop over the ears with a straight razored nape is preferred. My enquries (as you do) revealed that getting it all cut off is a 'real treat' in the short summer since they need to have it long during the 9 cold months, six in almost total darkness. 2) Men also have it long but being more lazy leave it long all year, hence a disproportionate number of 'hippy' types. 3) Hair is dyed every color but blonde, which is seen as 'boring' being their natural color. But blonde hair doesn't dye very well so you see all these pale pinks,insipid oranges and washed out purples. One tried to dye it black and just looked prematurely gray! 4) Dreadlocks are in, both sexes, and if you have ever seen blond dreadlocks you'll know it just doesn't work! And 5) Individualism is in. Best of the wierd and wonderful was a guy in his 50s with a blond mohawk, dyed orange. These Finns like to enjoy themselves! Now Helsinki is the same latitude - 60 deg. N - as Southern Alaska or Hudson Bay. I wonder, is it the same there?
phil
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2000 at 7:49pm
Hey I have no idea but the style is very similar here in Canada. lol
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic