Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spirit Airlines: Cut your hair flight attendants!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spirit Airlines: Cut your hair flight attendants!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spirit Airlines: Cut your hair flight attendants!
    Posted: September 29 2000 at 8:57am
Do they have Spirit Airlines in your area? Yesterday, I was standing at the counter of a Staples office supply store when I ran into a woman with straight blonde hair that went to the middle of her back. She was probably in her mid 30s. She was making copies from a book of hairstyles. She told the clerk she didn't know which style to go with and she turned to me to get a man's point of view. When I told her I didn't think she should cut it at all, she giggled and said that was what her husband said. However, she was about to become a flight attendant and Spirit Airlines forced all of their stewardesses to cut their hair above the shoulder. I was aghast. I don't know if I ever flew Spirit Airlines before (I don't think they have the greatest reputation for safety anyway), but I surely won't now.
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 8:11am
It is not necessary for security reasons to cut a stewardess hair. So only someone who thinks he has a opinion forces this to others who are dependent from him. I hate this people. They should end at the garbage of history.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2000 at 7:32pm
Did you verify her story? It may well be true, but I personally would check out the facts before I boycotted a company!
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2000 at 5:06pm
It has been about 10 years or more but American Airlines required those becoming flight attendants to have their hair cut. I had a friend who had her hair cut. The standard style had to be above collar length. She said that some attendants also had to have their hair colored. She was telling us about one girl who had natural blond hair to her waist. They cut it to chin length and dyed it black. I don't know if they still do this - it only pertained to new attendants. The hair requirements relaxed after 18 months.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2000 at 8:36pm
Yeah it is the same thing with Canadian airlines. I don't really know the reasons behind it but they can only have a certain length and it has to be stylist.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2000 at 7:02pm
This Canadian Airlines I have visited today. They share some box with Condor and they had no idea how to give me a confirmation about my return fly date from Las Vegas. Fortunately I fly back with Condor and the stewardess I saw at my incoming fly had midback length straigth hair.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2000 at 9:50am
Any airline that does this is being ridiculous. How on earth
can they expect people to show company loyalty is such
useless and loathesome rules are enforced? I would prefer
to be served by an attendant who'se herself than one whose
hair they've dyed. What kind of impression do they think
they'll make on me by making her cut her hair and change
its color? Not a favorable one certainly. I intend to post a further query about this on www.airliners.net
pigtails View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2000 at 9:37am
As far as I know, British Airways do not insist on a cut, they only insist that hair is up off the collar. If you achive that with a cut or a bun is immaterial. I used to know a flight attendant with hair to her thighs when loose which she got away with wearing in a looped up braid when at work
pigtails View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2000 at 9:44am
As far as I know British Airways only rule is that hair must be up off the collar. Whether you achive this by cutting it or putting it up is up to the individual.

I used to know a flight attendant who had hair to her thighs when loose. She just used to put it in a bun for work. Actually they can't be too strict as she often just used to braid it and loop it up and that was fine
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2000 at 12:33am
Well, I wound up flying Spirit anyway. Not by choice, but because a buddy booked the flight for a group trip to Florida. The Spirit flight attendants were all veterans and were not aware of any policy requiring new flight attendants to cut their hair. One flight attendant who had long, gorgeous hair had hers up. Looked very hot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic