Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men: Good-looking or not bald - which?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men: Good-looking or not bald - which?
    Posted: October 07 2000 at 12:50pm
In the pub today, this question just hit me - there was a guy there whose regular features I envied but he also had serious premature male pattern baldness.

I'm not good looking but have a full head of hair so men: which would you prefer to be, good looking and bald, or ugly and with hair?

phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2000 at 10:20am
Phil, hair can be associated with feelings. This may explain that some men wear it long also parts of the hair may be lost. I remember that a guy killed himself why he was forced to cut off his hair (in the late 60th).

At university (in the 70th) we had an assistent with midback length hair and partially balded, it looked curiously but one could see that he took care of the remaining parts of his hair.

It is not clear how the man of the future will look. Progress in scientific could help to avoid male pattern baldness, but it is also possible that hair will disappear.

I think our hair has survived such a long time during the evolution of mankind, that already it's today's existence gives reasons to preserve it. Missing scientific progress or deep knowledge about hairs forces compromises.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2000 at 11:09pm
How sad Wolfgang that a person took his life over the subject of hair.
It is too bad that you PHil didn't ask us women what we think about your subject because you might find the answers very encouraging and interesting.

Many many many men are so so sexy with a bit of hair and to me personally I don't care if they have hair or not.
dianefromcanada
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2000 at 1:37pm
Hi.
I am not a man, but had to respond, mainly because I laughed when I read this.
It was cute.
In my opinion, the hair on men thing isn't that big of a deal. If you have a bald head by choice and have the right head for it, it looks great. Black men, in my opinion, have excellent heads for baldness. Some white guys just can't cut it without hair.
My hubby is older but has a full head of hair, which confuses people about how old he is. On the other hand, we have friends with balding spots and some are even bald twenty years before time. Again, you just have to have the right head if this is a choice.
Then again, I really don't care what a guy's hair is like as long as he's a decent person.
:-)
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2000 at 9:41am
WUVIE,

men can love a woman, a woman's long hair and their own hair. All of this happened to me. To love the own hair gives more individual possibilites to preserve it, but I suffer if I imagine it may be lost by pattern baldness.

To love a woman's long hair is something that gives spiritual sunshine, it's like a food for my soul. To love a woman is (generally) only possible for me if I know her personally, it doesn't depend necessarily from hair. That's me, it may be reasonable or not.

wolfgang
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2000 at 8:11pm
Thank you all for your input, I do appreciate that it doesn't really matter whether or not you're bald or ugly. Maybe I didn't express myself well enough.

I realise the question sounds trite, but I was trying to make a point about how men feel about themselves. OK, let's extend it to women as well:

If you had to chose (on a superficial level), would you go for a) an ugly hairy guy or b) a handsome bald guy? Thanks.

phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic