Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exactly how long is your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exactly how long is your hair?
    Posted: October 23 2000 at 1:32pm
Hi.

This post is not meant to be rude to anyone, so please do not take it that way.

I am writing to ask about length. My hair is four feet long. When I wear it down, I get many wonderful compliments, but I also hear things like "Oh, my wife's hair is longer than yours." But I've seen the hair these people are referring to, and it is not longer than mine.
The middle section is.

The rest is broken off and different lengths from wearing it down so much and brushing it all of the time. Do you consider long hair to be more attractive when it is all the same length or different lengths?

I have seen women with only a few strands in the middle say the length to be long, when in fact I don't consider it to be. I cut my hair straight across always. I don't mean a round cut on the other women, I'm talking about abused hair all different lengths and scraggly. It also looks very thin.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?
Also, how does one measure hair? I've heard from the top of the forehead. I measure from the back of my head down. Which is correct?
Not trying to be rude,
Karen Marie
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2000 at 3:55pm
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2000 at 8:12pm

Hi Karen Marie....
You've raised an interesting question about what 'long hair' means! I have to agree with you that one length (even if it tapers) is much more beautiful than a range of lengths, many broken or damaged. I've seen your pics and your hair is an excellent example of stunning one length tresses....

As for measuring...I think the accepted method - and one advocated by George Michael - is to measure from the front hair line - and if we all do the same at least it means we can compare...my hair is 36.5 inches (which on me is waist length).
Happy growing....
Chris
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2000 at 8:14pm

Hi Karen Marie....
You've raised an interesting question about what 'long hair' means! I have to agree with you that one length (even if it tapers) is much more beautiful than a range of lengths, many broken or damaged. I've seen your pics and your hair is an excellent example of stunning one length tresses....

As for measuring...I think the accepted method - and one advocated by George Michael - is to measure from the front hair line - and if we all do the same at least it means we can compare...my hair is 36.5 inches (which on me is waist length).
Happy growing....
Chris
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2000 at 8:17pm
Chris bring up a good point about waist lenght. For me my bangs are 24 inches long and the back is 29 inches long and it just past my waist. I am not that tall.
I have a half circle type of look and I prefer it that way.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2000 at 10:59am
Karen Marie, from time to time I measure lost hair, this month the maximum was about 22 cm, but there exist also lost hairs with 18 cm and shorter. From the top of the head to the most far away ends it reaches 37 cm.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2000 at 1:51pm
Outstanding Diane! Glad to hear you still have long, gorgeous hair. Still waiting for a photo, however, after all these years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2000 at 3:13pm
Just think of this. I will always be your mystery woman in your heart. There is not expectations or disappointment because I am a mystery just for you in life. There are very few things that we can wonder like that. lol
dianefromcanada
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2000 at 8:37am
Yes, dear, but I'm not a mystery fan. I like my books non-fiction. I think it's time for the final chapter. Reveal yourself woman!
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2000 at 8:36pm
I don't need a picture of her, I believe what she says. And I feel good if I hear about her wonderful hair.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2000 at 10:20pm
If you're finished with the discussion, I get the last word. Lighten up. I'm only kidding around. And no one said you were an object. See you around. No, I guess not.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2000 at 12:07am
The bottom line is I am not an object! I am not someone that cares to have her pictures posted in some strange man home or garage or whatever. Got it. So let it rest because that is my final answer. Accept me the way I am. I am private and most of the time I walk around without any makeup. I am down to earth. I am close to nature and will never be allowed to be bullied. I don't bug you for a picture and have accepted you in life.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2000 at 12:10am
The bottom line is I am not an object! I am not someone that cares to have her pictures posted in some strange man home or garage or whatever. Got it. So let it rest because that is my final answer. Accept me the way I am. I am private and most of the time I walk around without any makeup. I am down to earth. I am close to nature and will never be allowed to be bullied. I don't bug you for a picture and have accepted you in life. This is my final answer and will not continue with this discussion on this list.
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic