Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Have you even been expose to extreme weather and how did your hair feel?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you even been expose to extreme weather and how did your hair feel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you even been expose to extreme weather and how did your hair feel?
    Posted: January 08 2001 at 6:59pm
I live in one of the coldest areas in this world!! Sometimes I think we rank number one at times seriously. It is between us and one area in Russia. Who knows maybe in the universe.
Have you ever been so cold that you could actually feel every root cry out for heat? That you could actually count how many hair roots you have because each spot feels frozen. That sometimes even the length of the hair seems to be more a problem than a solution to keeping warm especially if someone doesn`t bother to make sure that they walk out the home with completely dry hair. That when your hair accidently slaps you in the face it actually hurts. We are talking about weather that hits -40 and with the wind we are easily looking at -70 or more and one cannot be expose for longer than 5 minutes.
I always wonder how hair feels in extreme hot weather?
dianefromcanada
Styl`nSue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styl`nSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 1:13am
I live in Canada aswell so i know about cold winters. I live in winnipeg so we also get Hot summers. Hot weather will generaly dry your hair out. So in warmer climets you may find that you would need a leave in conditoner. But it all depends how strong your hair is to begin with. Fine hair is much more prone to damage from extrem climet. another thing that may change with extreem heat is the wavenes. when the humidity rises people with wavy hair can have trouble controling it(it often will get even wavyer). the humidity can also make people with fine haie have trouble getting volume.

ps: sorry about spelling mistakes
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 8:51pm
Reply to message: 10.3276.1
YOu live in Winter Peg??????????? no way lol
Want to go for coffee one day?

dianefromcanada
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2001 at 2:49pm
I live near Atlanta and I am moving to Florida. Very hot, humid weather does not make hair look very good (my hair is very fine and tends to look flat and greasy even though I wash it every day). But, the humidity helps to keep both hair and skin in wonderful condition. I feel so sorry for you guys. I can`t imagine living in a place that is so cold. I am unhappy even here until April or so.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic