Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Political Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Political Hair
    Posted: January 20 2001 at 11:23am
Some believe that the political climate controls hair styles. If so, what kind of hair do you see in the future with Bush taking office?
My opinion: This could be interesting. Bush (the country bumpkin with the unkept hair) could lend itself to a straggly look. His wife (name escapes me) has a common outdated look (think of a prep girl trying to copy Dorothy Hamill`s old look) this could lend itself to women going for the 1970 suburban mom look. Then you have his choices for cabinet ( a throw back to his father`s day)
When was that anyway? Was that in the 80`s? If so, that would go along with the country part and get that BIG HAIR thing going again (Oh Boy - Yuk)
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2001 at 6:28pm
Reply to message: 10.3259.1
The only way "Big Hair" might make a comeback is if Bush`s Texan roots are brought to the fore, but personally I doubt it. I think pop stars play more of a part than Presidents, but if politics are going to have any effect at all then I would venture that with the coming recession men may actually start growing it longer again, as an antidote to the short, sharp successful 80s and 90s, and yes, maybe women will opt for the "straggly", unkempt low-maintenance (and cheaper) look. Who knows?
phil
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 7:35pm
Reply to message: 10.3259.1
Well, actually, I don`t personally think it makes a lot of difference. And as far as hair, I think anything goes! Super short to super long and a whole lot in-between.

And Laura Bush wears a very conservative short/medium do. Certainly nothing spectacular, yet nothing radical or different.

As far as his choice for Cabinet appointees, well, at the age most of them will most likely be, I think *any* hair will be a positive.... [Love Sandra Day O`Connor, but bless her hair, she has so very little with which to work!]

Jennifer
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2001 at 3:35pm
On a related subject, Tony Blair, the British Prime Minister, is a real control freak when it comes to hair. First he banned all beards in the Cabinet (except for the women lol) and now he has ORDERED all prominent members to dye their locks in the interests of PR. Apparently Tony himself prefers "warm chestnut".
There`s nothing intrinsically wrong in this - I dye my own for effect - but you would really expect politicans to be more secure. Remember Ronald "80 and still no gray" Reagan?
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic