Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ponytails - can men wear them?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ponytails - can men wear them?
    Posted: March 31 2001 at 8:25am
I like ponytails, they`re cute - on women. Aesthetically pleasing, they show off nice features and give a tantalizing glimpse of what a girl may look like with short hair.
I HATE ponytails - on men. Their wearers range from effeminate yuppy to superannuated hippy with no ground inbetween. If they show anything it`s a receding hairline, so what`s the point? I mean, has anyone ever found, say, Willie Nelson attractive? But the worst crime of all is the ponytailed baldie. As painful to look at as it must be to wear. By law, they should have them forcibly removed and donated to Locks of Love.
phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 10:04am
Reply to message: 10.3295.1
Phil, I think you give an opinion, that`s your right, but I don`t agree with you and I have another one. I think everyone should have the right to express himself as he wants it and I don`t have problems with ponytails on men.

Your scream for law and locks of love I don`t understand, so I better say nothing. There is no objectiv reason that the todays usual hairstyles are the best one or that they are optimal.

wolfgang
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 3:32pm
Gee Phil, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Strike out with the ladies last night? Whatever, something surely has raised your dander.

Your tidy classifications are laughable. Are you prepared to similarly do so for other length/style choices? Willie Nelson does not define long hair on men! Do I appear to be afflicted with MPB? ROTFLOL

It`s your good fortune that people don`t wear their opinions on their sleeves, for if you did so, it would surely be far more displeasing to see than the worst hairstyle you can imagine.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 6:31pm
Ponytails look kewl on men (this is opinion - not fact) if they are kept LOW (at the nape). I wonder
if we shouldnt start saying "queue" for guys and "ponytail" for gals???
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 6:42pm
Wolfgang - sorry if you were offended. My last sentence wasn`t meant to be totally serious; I wish I knew the German for "Light hearted" and "Humour". I could certainly use them now. But seriously Wolfgang, I don`t know if you`re into football (soccer) but have you seen the England goalkeeper David Seaman? I rest my case.

Dave Decker: I do take your point, but my diatribe was specifically aimed at ponytails. Viewing your photo (and the one previously shown on Hairboutique.com), you are obviously not afflicted by ponytailitis, or MPB. Lucky *******! LOL But I would like to pose the question: With such a fine head of hair, would you ever, from a stylistic point of view, consider tying it up in a ponytail? I`d like to think not. Or am I mistaken?
phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2001 at 7:46am
Reply to message: 10.3300.1
Phil, okay, it can be difficult for me to discover sometimes the fine differences between "humour" and other intentions for a statement. That`s why I know English primarily from scientific books and articles and reading textfiles in the Internet. Under the assumption that your statement will be serious I thought it is far behind your intelligence, I detected in other statements of you, but I don`t wrote this. The problem is that I have to put my hair into a ponytail for job reasons or to cut it off, and that is something I don`t like. Sometimes my hair gives me joy and so I will preserve it, although it isn`t in such a good condition as the pictures from Dave show, but currently it covers all of my head.
You can have a look at me at http://home.t-online.de/home/wolfgang.salzmann (English Version, section about me), I think this is fair why I already had a look at your image.
Sorry, to David Seaman I can not say anything.

wolfgang
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2001 at 10:13am
Reply to message: 10.3300.1
Phil,

Like Wolfgang, I almost always wear my hair pulled back in public. You and I live in *practical* societies... especially for men, as it still seems to be viewed largely as a non-viable choice, so restraining it reduces others` focus on it, which in most circumstances is useful. I like to think I can look good with my hair in a ponytail, opinions may vary, and that`s fine, but regardless the length allows for variety of looks.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2001 at 12:10pm
Lately I been seeing a lot of men wearing ponytails besides the guys that I know that are artists. I think it looks clean as the hair is kept off the hair and it gives a person a chance to wear long hair.

ON the humurous side of things. I think women should encourage more cute guys to wear ponytails because it could be used a handle to get a grip on that cute guy. Maybe that is why I like ties? lol Okay okay just a funny thought.
dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2001 at 9:25am
Reply to message: 10.3303.1
yes, Diane, I like the idea of surprising a girl by grabbing her by the tail. So, why not make this
a gender neurtal practice?
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2001 at 8:46pm
Reply to message: 10.3304.1
Hello Duke:

I agree but not in certain situations like bowling!!!! lol
NOthing I hate better then getting ready to make a strike and my sister decides that my ponytail is a great handle to stop me in my tracks. So there are pros and cons to having a ponytail! lol
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic