Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dont you just hate...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Charley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dont you just hate...
    Posted: June 26 2001 at 4:42am
Ponytails with too big a scrunchie
Roots showing
Claw clips half empty
Hair that is never ever worn up or even half up when it is long enough to do so
Hair that is always worn up the same way
Barrettes clipped on to a ponytail
Guys with scrawney ponytails
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2001 at 8:27am
Reply to message: 10.3418.1
Well I guess when we do find something wonderful we might kick butt like the governor`s daughter in crouching tiger hidden dragon when the theif stole her hair comb and she kick his butt.
dianefromcanada
ponytailhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponytailhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2001 at 10:33am
ponytails with too big of a scrunchy-yes

roots showing-no if you do it right it can look really cool

half empty claws-yes

hair never worn up-yes

hair worn up the same way all the time-yes,ever heard of change people?

barrets cliped onto a ponytail-yes

guys with "scrawny" ponytails-yes but i do like that one style where its pulled back at the top shaved under and a scalpline going all the way around.
"i can feel it in my bones"
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 3:22pm
One more...

Gals with scrawney ponytails!
Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 7:05am
I hate scrunchies! I used to wear one *looks down in shame!* in the early 90s, but not now!! They look so dreadful, so eighties.

Why do they continue to sell them?
From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2001 at 8:15am
Reply to message: 10.3423.1
I luv scrunchies!!! They are suvch a versatile accessory
They`re not for small tailz, though. I like hair accessories
generally, though I agree with the above: barrettes are not the best lokling thing to make ponytails.

Hair worn down/up a certain way all the time? I LIKE hair worn up in different ways, but everyone has their own way of doing this and I consider it a minor issue.

Roots showing, I won`t talk about this one now so as not to irritate people.

Half full clips? Yes, kinda sloppy.
rob7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 2:15pm
the pixie/boy cut on a woman (of any age).
It's just not feminine...

When I run my hands through a woman's hair I want to feel a soft flow... not be reminded of my own hair. Gives me the eebie jeebies...
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 3:14pm
Don't promote long hair via sexism. I wouldn't tolerate promoting short via sexism either, plus it implies you'd never touch long on your own head with a 10-foot pole.

I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 4:15pm
We're all free to voice our opinions,kintaro. That's rob's opinion;he's not in any way at all promoting long-hair via sexism. Anyhow, I don't mind scrunchies,unless they're really huge or a ugly colour.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 4:20pm
I love diversity...good taste...bad taste...it's all subjective.

Who cares? Perhaps those who care to hate.

I say: Bring it all on!!!
Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 11:04pm
I wear a short pixie. I can tell you this.

If a man meets me and doesn't find me, -(or my hair )- feminine, then I can assure you that man is very, very gay. I know what I am doing with men!

There are so many very feminine women with short hair, where do you start?!!!

And who is to say if long hair is feminine and short hair masculine? We are living in the year 2003 not 1303. There have been long haired men and short haired women around for awhile!

Some of the most handsome masculine men I have ever met have had long hair and some of the most feminine women I have ever met have had short hair,.....and visa-versa.

Bottom line, it depends how the style looks on the person.
tina
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 2:34pm
I agree with you Charley. Although I am guilty of wearing barrettes with my ponytail when my layers are not all long enough to hold into a ponytail on its own. It's annoying for me to have to style it that way.

Also, how about those bows? You know the barrettes that have a BIG floppy bow on top of them that you would wear with a pony tail. I wore that style plenty of times in the 80s and even (gasp) early 90s. I still have those bows - I'm saving them for a Halloween getup or for my kids for (gasp) if and when they come back in style.

Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
Cranberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 2:52pm
Yeah, I can definitely see why those sort of hair things would bug you. It's pretty interesting though when you see a dark hair-colored person growing blonde/light roots. Reminds me of a photo negative.
A couple other things that bug me:
Side ponytail (it just doesn't work anymore [at least in current fashion], no matter what accessory)
High-up-on-the-head ponytail that is teased and ratted (ala Pebbles Flintstone)
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 6:18am
Women who: always wear their hair up
dye it themselves
streak it themselves (yuk!)
cover up their grey at the first opportunity
pretend they are blonde all their lives
refuse to cut it when they're 60
think it's liberating not to shave their moustaches
never experiment
phil
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:29am
I hate when people label hair lengths by gender-- a woman with very short hair is said to "have a boy cut", where a man with long hair is said to "look like a girl". It's not only stereotypical, but also implies there's something inherently wrong with short-haired women and long-haired men, something you'd think we'd be well past in the year 2003 :-P .
I also hate it when people complain about being so bored with their hair, but don't want to do anything different to it (I have a friend who does that constantly, and it drives me mad!), and how a lot of women will go for a haircut, then spend weeks complaining about it being "so short". . . firstly, they knew going in for a cut it would make it shorter, secondly, they chose how much to cut off, so it shouldn't be a surprise, and thirdly, most of the time it's honestly not "so short", especially since so often no-one but them can even see any difference :-P .
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 1:36pm
Phil, you're such a jerk. Teehee.

I've streaked my hair by myself before and it looked really good. I've pretended I'm blonde before and I'm thinking about doing it again soon. If I did it the rest of my life,you'd hate me ,too?

Anyhow,things can go drastically wrong if a "professional" does your hair,too.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 3:38pm
Older women who wear pigtails.
Maybe that's being prejudice toward someone or something, but it just comes off too often as some kind of Pippy Longstocking from hell sort of look.

Bad, very bad.

As Dennis Miller says, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Peace to all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic