Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dreadlocks & Policeman Who Was Put On Probation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreadlocks & Policeman Who Was Put On Probation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Meggan C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meggan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreadlocks & Policeman Who Was Put On Probation?
    Posted: December 31 2001 at 1:13am
Did anyone hear of that policeman that was put on probation, or possibly fired for wearing long dreadlocks in the line of duty? I remember reading the article but then lost track of what happened. I believe he was a black policeman that kept his dreads very neat and under his cap. But I read that he was fired or at least put on probation and told to cut his hair.

Does anyone remember this story?

It would be interesting to track this and see the outcome. It definitely smacks of a hair politics story if I ever heard of one.

Lanny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:48pm
I remember this and think it was a cop in Atlanta that could in trouble for wearing dreads. You might want to do a search on Atlanta newspapers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic