Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hair colour=change of attitude in life. ya right...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair colour=change of attitude in life. ya right...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair colour=change of attitude in life. ya right...
    Posted: February 17 2002 at 3:38pm
Last night my mother was extremely upset. My mother is a very fashionable woman who takes great care of herself and her looks etc. She always gets compliments from strangers etc and has been often asked if she modeled etc. but a relative of hers told her during the week that she should lightened her hair and if she would she would have a diffirent attitude plus she would be allowed to go on a trip with this relative. On the other hand I don`t think this so call relative has any fashion sense of whatever .....
My mother has plenty of fun attitude for example when she turned sixty she dyed her hair hot pink and had plenty of offers for dates. For the moment my mother doesn`t even have her own natural hair colour ( took her years to even have white hair showing ) which would have been a lot darker brown than she is wearing now. I seriously don`t think that her fun lighter brown colour makes her look older or whatever.

Meanwhile on the sidestreets of our coffee gang news over here my beautiful petite light brown girlfriend also has fun dying her hair and has been told by this other girlfriend that she hates her hair colour plus is ashame to be seen with her because what she wears. Let me tell you what I think of this blond opionated woman who trashes my friend. This is my first meeting and impression of this blond woman. She comes bulldozing to the door with her tuperware returns ( nothing in the containers while my girlfriend spent hours making all those delicious treats for all of us friend during Christmas) and almost knocks down our male coffee buddy friend from the sidewalk( a huge man that easily looks like a biker so you can imagine the speed that she was traveling lol) and practically brushed him with her fur coat and meanwhile I see all this and think( hum i think she extremely rude and maybe she is not a real blond).
Not all people can afford the high class clothing and it doesn`t mean that because some people go to the second hand stores makes their appearances less appealing. My girlfriend is very pretty and I always found that that she has good taste.

Being a boutique shopper myself and understanding that not everyone has the same budget I really find all this very appalling. I consider myself a strong visual person that has been trained in fashion sales for years in the past ( no longer in that industry) and I sit there seriously wondering if these people who go out of their ways to knock down someone else apperance are really doing it because they feel that they are the cat`s meow of the fashion world or I would seriously think that they are jealous and will never hold a candle to the people that they knock down.

So the moral of this story is just because someone comes up to you and says that they hate your hair it might also mean that they are jealous and insecure of their own beings. Take a serious look at them and question yourself if they are classy looking themselves.

Anyways back to the sidestreet coffee gang news we are meeting at my place and our male friend feels that brunettes are nicer lol.

dianefromcanada
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2002 at 6:05pm
Diane, your mom sounds cool.
And what up with the relative? So if she doesn`t lighten her hair she can`t go on the trip? They couldn`t pay me to hang w/someone like that!

And your friend shouldn`t even waste her time with such a LOSER! omg! I would`ve had a few choice words for her. Doesn`t she ever notice that designers often construct clothes to look more "worn" or styles that are all but fifth avenue? The big items for spring so far I read are peasant tops, (yeah, thats real 5th ave.) and faux suede skirts with that "broken in" look.
This lady doesn`t have a clue & I hope someone informs her of that. I suppose she has those long red nails, big earrings, cotton candy hair, animal print coat, etc...

Makes me think of the Marge Simpson sisters in drag.
hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2002 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by lucky lucky wrote:

And what up with the relative? So if she doesn`t lighten her hair she can`t go on the trip? They couldn`t pay me to hang w/someone like that!

And your friend shouldn`t even waste her time with such a LOSER! omg! I would`ve had a few choice words for her. Doesn`t she ever notice that designers often construct clothes to look more "worn" or styles that are all but fifth avenue? The big items for spring so far I read are peasant tops, (yeah, thats real 5th ave.) and faux suede skirts with that "broken in" look.
This lady doesn`t have a clue & I hope someone informs her of that. I suppose she has those long red nails, big earrings, cotton candy hair, animal print coat, etc...

Hey, I ware long earrings and have an animal print coat! I feel great wareing them. The thing is I have fun with fashion I always have.It should be fun. I`m lucky I have a job where I could do that. Sometimes I have to tone things down but I don`t have to very often.
donnado
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2002 at 10:24pm
Thank you both for your kindness. I told my mother the other day that I posted her story on the internet. She was impress by the responses.
dianefromcanada
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2002 at 10:54am
Originally posted by hair hair wrote:

Originally posted by lucky lucky wrote:

And what up with the relative? So if she doesn't lighten her hair she can't go on the trip? They couldn't pay me to hang w/someone like that!

And your friend shouldn't even waste her time with such a LOSER! omg! I would've had a few choice words for her. Doesn't she ever notice that designers often construct clothes to look more "worn" or styles that are all but fifth avenue? The big items for spring so far I read are peasant tops, (yeah, thats real 5th ave.) and faux suede skirts with that "broken in" look.
This lady doesn't have a clue & I hope someone informs her of that. I suppose she has those long red nails, big earrings, cotton candy hair, animal print coat, etc...

Hey, I ware long earrings and have an animal print coat! I feel great wareing them. The thing is I have fun with fashion I always have.It should be fun. I'm lucky I have a job where I could do that. Sometimes I have to tone things down but I don't have to very often.

I wear small bits of animal print too. (a bag, or belt etc.)
I also wear long earrings for special occasions (not the gaudy ones you`d picture on Selma Simpson.)

But I doubt if what we wear and what this lady wears would be sold in the same place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic