Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I got the poofs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DALemon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DALemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I got the poofs
    Posted: March 10 2000 at 10:02pm
I have rather short, straight hair and everytime I wash my hair, it gets really poofy. I tried using gells to keep it down, but it doesnt really help. As of now, the only thing I can think of is wearing a hat for about an hour. If you could help me out with this, I'd be very grateful.
----15male View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ----15male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 11:02pm
Wow this is an old post, but for others who may need an answer, I really don`t have one. I also wear a hat for about an hour(it straightens it before I go to school) and if you`re like me, you`d rather not use gels. So just continue to use the hat I guess, since it`s only a myth that hats cause hair loss
TrigZip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrigZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 3:10pm
I`ve got the same problem, same uncontrollable poof right after a wash. The only thing I`ve read that seems to help, and have learned to be true from experience, is just not shampooing your hair every day. (Ewww, gross, right?) Seems shampooing dries out your hair, and takes all that oil out, which might otherwise be weighing it down and keeping it from poofing up.

Such a curse, my hair looks horrendous after a wash.
monjul View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monjul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2002 at 9:47am
I have the same problem. My hair is thin but I have a lot of it. After I wash it, I look like a pussywilllow. The only recourse is to have your barber use thinning shears. Redken Replay helps too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic