Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"messy look"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Burton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "messy look"
    Posted: December 04 2000 at 12:36am
I know others have asked this before but I never really saw an answer. My hair is darke blonde and a bit naturally curly. I want to get that "look" but I dont know how to tell them to cut it. I live in a pretty small town so the hairdressers arent all up to date sort of speak.
How long should the top and bangs be? etc.. Or better yet is there a site with some pics of that look that I can actually print out a pic and bring it in?
Please help me out with any info you can offer me...Im getting desperate here . LOL
Thanks alot in advance.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2000 at 2:15pm
Reply to message: 14.125.1
Hi,

You might want to look through the Tom Carson men`s gallery here at HairBoutique.com. There are several photos that have the messy look that you mention. I do want to caution you that with naturally curly hair you may not be able to completely duplicate the look.

It is always a good idea to take photos. Even if you can describe exactly what you want...you hair`s natural texture may not work for the style or you may not be able to help them visualize it enough.

For example, HairBoutique.com`s Michael Thayer who used to have very long hair decided to go with a spikey short look. Because his hair is naturally curly they could not get the spikes the way that he wanted and had to do his hair pretty short on top. He loves it but at first he wanted to have an exact copy of the style he had picked out and was not able to get it because of his curls.

I guess what I am trying to say in a long winded way is that it is helpful to be willing to modify your expectations if your hair is curly or has other challenges.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Burton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2000 at 2:27am
Thanks for your reply Karen. I feel kinda weird asking you this, but can I send you a pic of me and get your opinion on what I should do with my hair? It seems like you`re pretty knowledgeable. (sp?) I really kinda want to do that shorter messy look. You`ll see in my pic how it is now. Its more naturally wavy than curly as I said before. Thanks soooo much. Im really needing help here. lol!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2000 at 4:47am
Reply to message: 14.127.1
Hi,

Can you please email me at shelton@hairboutique.com and I can chat with you about this a little further.

Thanks,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic