Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Won't cut my hair again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 2:01pm
Dakotadiva,

I think you need to ask yourself why you want long hair and why you want short hair.

Are you caving to pressure from other people when you get it cut, or were you caving to pressure when you tried to grow it long?

You can have whatever you want. But if what you really like is short hair, except once in the while you want it really long and beautiful, you should invest in a quality wig that'll knock their socks off.

No hard feelings.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 7:12pm
Is that you in the photo Katherine? With the really long brunette hair? Your hair looks gorgeous! It appears to well past your waist, maybe mid-thigh length.

I am wearing my hair very short now but I had, a few years back, hair to my tailbone, blonde in my case. I enjoyed my long hair but prefer my hair short now.

Your hair really looks full and healthy, you have beautiful hair!

What do you use for hair products? How often do you wash, shampoo and condition your hair? How long are you planning on growing it?
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2004 at 5:32pm
Thanks Jacqui for your kind words.
I thank all of you.
I'm fine with my new haircut.
rilos2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilos2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 1:26pm
I agree I want to grow my hair really long too.
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 9:39am
I got my hair cut three years ago for my sister-in-law's wedding. My mother-in-law took me to her hair stylist and paid for it. The in-laws wanted my hair to look good for the wedding photos. I went along with it to keep peace in the family.

I have since resisted but my husband has encouraged me to get a few trims since. Usually the trims turn out to be a few inches. I keep trying to convince everyone how much money I save by not going to a salon. Even though I buy big bottles of pro products (shampoo/conditioner) I am still saving $$$ in the long run. The drug store conditioner is gone in a few weeks and it makes my head itch!
rilos2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilos2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 11:33am
I Just got a job that I can grow my hair long, I cant wait. I want to go 2005 and 2006 without a trim just to see how long it will grow. It is 3 inches past my chin. I want it waist lenghth and then I may even want to go as long as it will get.
rilos2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilos2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 11:37am
I would like to braid my hair. How long does it have to be?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 9:26pm
Sorry, I was on vacation and missed your post, miss brenda.

Originally posted by miss brenda miss brenda wrote:

Is that you in the photo Katherine? With the really long brunette hair? Your hair looks gorgeous! It appears to well past your waist, maybe mid-thigh length.

Actually, it's not quite to tailbone yet. I think the fact that it was so well-behaved made it seem longer than it is.

Quote hat do you use for hair products? How often do you wash, shampoo and condition your hair? How long are you planning on growing it?

I wash every 2 or 3 days with conditioner only, just like shampoo, but much milder. My favorite is Suave Daily Clarifying conditioner, but I also like VO5 Free Me Freesia and White Rain Extra Body.

It doesn't need it, but to be on the safe side I finish with Pantene Pro-V. I comb out in the shower with a wide-tooth comb, then pat it with a towel until it's no longer dripping, and comb again. Air-dry only, no heat styling. And I put a little jojoba or coconut oil on the ends, to keep them from getting too dry.

And I rarely wear it loose when I go out, except for a special occasion. I have all sorts of updos that I do when I don't want to have to bother with my hair all day.

Last time my hair got down to my knees, I couldn't figure out how to take care of it, and cut it. I want to try again. It should take about 3 years to get there from here.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 11:05am
Originally posted by rilos2000 rilos2000 wrote:

I would like to braid my hair. How long does it have to be?

That depends. If you want one big braid then you would need at least pony tail length but otherwise on shorter lengths you can do more than one braid.

I also wanted to say that I won't think of anyone any less if they too decided to cut their hair. If you can't have some fun with your hair then why have it. If your hair causes you stress then it's not going to look good because stress will show in your hair. I love long hair but I believe in letting people decide for themselves how they want their hair. Whether it's long or short or half and half.

Haircuts are not evil. Unwanted haircuts are. Long hair is however long You want it.
ACCOLADY View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2004 at 7:52pm
Hello Jacqui,

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo, I have
to say you look familiar.

---taps head--- where, oh where have
I seen you or someone with very similar
features?

:-)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 4:09am
Accolady - You are neither registered, nor have I ever seen you post.....I still remember what my mommy told me about talking to strangers. :)

jacqui
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 10:04am
I've seen pictures of Accolady.. she has beautiful hair!
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 6:06pm
if you want long hair while yours is growin out check out a hair extension artist in your area.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2004 at 11:18am
Originally posted by hairalways hairalways wrote:

Accolady - You are neither registered, nor have I ever seen you post.....I still remember what my mommy told me about talking to strangers. :)

jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

I can vouch with 100% certainty that it was indeed the real "Accolady" who posted. Accolady is a registered user but did not sign in to post her message. (Hi Accolady! Nice to see you! ) Oh, and no need to worry, Jacqui... Accolady does not live in Florida and more importantly is a tremendous person.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic