Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstyles for skinny guys?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lanky Dude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanky Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyles for skinny guys?
    Posted: March 13 2002 at 10:10am
I`m a really tall lanky guy (6`4" and 150 lbs.). In dec. of 2000 I had reallly long hair (down to my shoulders). It looked really bad so I cut it all off to about an inch and a half all over, and that looked much worse on me. I`ve been growing it back ever since. Right now on the sides its about an inch below my ears and its a little bit longer in the back. I really don`t want to go back to having it to my shoulders, and I don`t want to cut it all off again. Are there any in between styles that would look decent on a guy with my build ? Thanks
Lanky Dude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanky Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 10:38am
I forgot to mention that I have really thick wavy hair if that makes a difference.
Mis-teeq View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mis-teeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 12:18pm
Well you could work with a short buzz cut since i assume you don`t have a round face since you`re skinny. Skinny guys should never wear long hair esp. to their shoulders cos it only makes them look skinnier and more haggard. Go short or perhaps go try a choppy messy look. Hope I helped!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Mis-teeq Mis-teeq wrote:

Well you could work with a short buzz cut since i assume you don't have a round face since you're skinny. Skinny guys should never wear long hair esp. to their shoulders cos it only makes them look skinnier and more haggard. Go short or perhaps go try a choppy messy look. Hope I helped!

Yuk, that`s the last thing Lanky Dude should do! He said he doesn`t want it so short anyway. I`m
lanky and I don`t know if my case is the same, but my hair is about jaw length, with bangs I`m
growing out, parted in the middle and the sides combed back. That might look good minus the
bangs.
MattJPat99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattJPat99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2002 at 10:10am
In my opinion, although it is a few years out of style, I believe you should consider somthing of a compromise. If your hair hair is thicker and wavy and you would like to keep it long, try keeping it longer through the top and shorter (like a buzz) on the bottom. It`ll be easier to pull back and out of the way than to have it long all over, and you can still wear it down if that`s the way you prefer it. A coworker`s boyfriend has very curly hair and that is how he use to wear it when they met.
MattJPat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic