Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thick, stiff hair to thin, soft hair look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thick, stiff hair to thin, soft hair look
    Posted: March 16 2002 at 3:07am
im an asian guy and asians are usually known for their stiff hair. I also have alot of hair. I want the thin, soft hair look. are there any products out there that could give me that look? thanks
gokai5 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gokai5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 7:29am
i have the same problem....having thick hair. any ideas? sides are short-medium, top is medium. maybe i should make the top shorter and keep the sides teh way they are? any sites with pics would really help. thnx in advance
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 11:44am
Hi Guys,

To soften stiff hair you can use a relaxer treatment and it will soften the cuticle. This is a secret that many male celebs use. They have their hair relaxed to give it bend and movement. Then they use moisturizing shampoo and products that will add extra softness and movement.

DWU...consider having your hair relaxed and then get your hair cut where the baseline is sharp and multi-lengths with the outer layers sharp but neat in a soft stacked. This will remove the problem with the stiffness and the thickness. You can use products to get a stringy look and to compress the strands somewhat.

GoKai5

The beauty of relaxers is that they will also compress thick strands. Phyto makes a home relaxer products in 2 versions and Rusk has a set of home relaxers. Or to be safe, go to a stylist and ask them to do a light relaxer treatment to test it out.

I will add some current male photos in a few days when I get a chance.

Hope that helps guys.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 12:30am
yes you should use relaxers to soften hair BUT BEWARE
i tried to use a relaxer on my friends hair because it was stiff, but after i applied it did looke nice but when it is dried it when even more spikier and stiffer
so you might not want to take the chance and do it DIY.
go to a salon
if anything happens you at least get somenone tho yell too
ARGHH
rafikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:38pm
man, u don't know how lucky u are. Spiky hair is what works best for me, but I wish I had thick hair (it's hard to achieve a spiky look with fine hair)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 11:09am
we all want someones elses locks on our heads
i also wanted spiked hair so i had my hair relaxed in order to do that.
ARGHH
rafikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 12:14pm
I wanted to do that, but I've been told it damages hair. David Boreanaz (buffy and Angel) has his hair relaxed for the show (he has natural fine wavy hair), but I saw him on TV 3 weeks ago (kimmy kimmel show) and his hair were bad (he could grow an afro!)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 11:59am
Rafiks anything that you do that is not natural to the hair will damaged.
That is what you have to pay for the price of BEAUTY
But using the right products will make your hair less damaging sometimes even more healthier.
You have to really work it in order to make look the best
ARGHH
rafikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 12:44pm
yeah I guess. .. how many times did u get ur hair relaxed? what products are u using? If I don't want to get my hair relaxed, what products should I use and how? (to get spiky hair, cause I guess the technique is not the same as for those who have straight hair)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2003 at 4:35am
well spiky hair requires staight hair
it wont be spikey if you have stubburn wavy or curly hair.
If you try to spike it it look like the "out of bed look"
Well when I had my hair relaxed i used Loreal Studio FX Radical Gel
It is priced well and it is really great for spiking it
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic