Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fed up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BH0101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH0101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fed up
    Posted: June 05 2003 at 4:09am
So I'm a geek, and I've been trying to 'fit in' for the last year. Part of that is discovering the mythical beast called "good hair."

My hair is very, very blond, very fine, very flimsy, and a little wavy. It would look beautiful on a woman - but I'm a guy, so I've got a problem.

I've tried a flattop. Baaaaaad idea. *shudder*

I've tried spiking it to look like Tyler Durden, but never got it to look right. Hair is too flimsy to accept standing up straight, you could see my scalp through my hair, etc.

Years ago I had long hair, down to my shoulderblades, and it will be another six months and careful styling before I could get my geek ponytail back. Life was simple then.

Right now my hair is about 2-3 inches long in most places. Sides, back, and top. On the top it is a little longer, maybe 4 inches, and bends so that it 'lifs up' like wings. I kind of like the length because it covers up my ears but if it isn't the *perfect length* it looks bad either longer or shorter than that.

So in the meantime... what can I do? Is it worth the trouble to make fine, flimsy hair stylable or is it more effective to get it cut properly? I have to head in for a haircut soon and I'd like to have a good idea this time of what to get done.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 6:37am
If "life was simple" when your hair was longer and in a pony-tail , would you contemplate growing your hair out again?

With regard to cutting, if you know what the perfect lenth is and dont have to maintain a smart appearance for work, what about multi-layered ends? You know, kind of variable end lengths so that it looks kind of de-constructed.
That would give more body to your hair if you shook and scrunched it dry.

Hope that helps

Uzi

Uzi

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 3:23am
cut it off
it simple as that
but if you want to have as many styling tools and products as your girlfriend does keep it long and go to her salon. you will probably get tips on how to style and managed your long. hey maybe you guys should share eacch other products
i am serious here and i am not joking.
it really depends on how much time you have to do your hair
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic