Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how long should i wait before my first cut??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Get Dolla$ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how long should i wait before my first cut??
    Posted: May 27 2004 at 8:29pm
my hair is about a month's length long and i got waves comin in on the sides and back, a lil on the front. i was wondering if i should go head and get my cut now or wait a lil longer, and how much longer.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 9:53pm
cut that **** now! maybe wait 4 weeks in between than cut. So every 2-4 weeks.
DeD PreZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeD PreZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 11:37pm
na let that **** grow into an afro.
smoked out
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 9:36pm
aight i juss got it cut and now i cant see none of my waves. is it because this is my first cut since they started comin in??
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Get Dolla$ Get Dolla$ wrote:

aight i juss got it cut and now i cant see none of my waves. is it because this is my first cut since they started comin in??

ya, you answered your own question.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 1:21pm
aigh so what i do now? continue what i was doin before i had my hair cut? 360-scurl and du-rag? or do i needta change suttin
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 2:59pm

aigh so what i do now? continue what i was doin before i had my hair cut? 360-scurl and du-rag? or do i needta change suttin

you answered your own question again lol
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 3:06pm
I use da Sportin waves maximum pomade, I think it brings da best results, its just kinda hard to wash out depending of how much u put in your hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 9:35pm
yea i used to use that sportin waves too, but then niggas was talkin bout that S-curl 360 stuff, went and copped dat. it wash out hella lot easier
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 9:57pm
couple questions: after i get my next cut (number 2 since they started appearing), should i start to see them with my hair lower? and with my hair cut low like it is i noticed that i can put in the 360 at night, then some more in the morning w/o my hair being really greasy. is this a good or bad idea?
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 10:01pm

couple questions: after i get my next cut (number 2 since they started appearing), should i start to see them with my hair lower? and with my hair cut low like it is i noticed that i can put in the 360 at night, then some more in the morning w/o my hair being really greasy. is this a good or bad idea?

go crazy with it. Put how much you want lol. I did the same as you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 11:07pm
Just dont cut your **** to low, And just brush your hair alot every chance you get and your waves will start to spin. All that 360 , murrays, and SW pomade dont meen nothin if you dont brush your hair alot.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2004 at 12:22pm
even though i think i do both enough, which do yall think is more important? the time brushing your hair or the time its up in a du-rag?
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 3:09am

even though i think i do both enough, which do yall think is more important? the time brushing your hair or the time its up in a du-rag?

brush

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 3:24am
Brushing is the key. I know people who have 360 waves and never used a durag or a kit. They used regular grease and just brushed.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by MenaceIISociety MenaceIISociety wrote:

Brushing is the key. I know people who have 360 waves and never used a durag or a kit. They used regular grease and just brushed.

True. None of my older uncles and cousins would ever touch a durag. The got the spinnas from brushin.

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 1:59pm
True Dat Seatown. Its all about the brush when it comes to getting waves ;)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Dolla$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 4:17pm
when i get a cut how low should i get it so that the waves show good? the past weekend i got a dark caesar... maybe a 1 1/2 and i thinks that a lil too low, exspecially for my hair type. (my hair looks like im mixed wit indian)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 5:39pm
If you get your stuff cut by a professional barber who knows about the waves and other hairstyles, then he or she should know how low to cut your hair so that your waves will show more or be neater.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic