Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sportin' Waves (black can)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
8705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sportin' Waves (black can)
    Posted: July 07 2004 at 7:24am
Has anyone [at this board] actually used Sportin' Waves (black can) and got waves. If so, how long did it take? And if not, is there a reason you don't?
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 10:00am
I have used sportin waves in the black can once but it did'nt really have a big effect. The sportin waves in the black can is only for when your hair is low.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 12:28pm
I used it too. Didn't work. That "WITH wavitrol III" is a bunch of bull.

United Waves of America
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 7:11pm
That was the shizzle that I used when I started out back in 99' worked for me then, I didn't even do all this excessive brushing that ppl go on about these days, just used to brush in the morning. I've been using it up to this day, the only reason I stopped is because I'm trying to get that deeper look.
csb4evr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csb4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 7:31pm
Nileator what is it you do to get that deeper look.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 7:32pm
I use da one in da gold can... its ok but dawg nuffin messin wit Murray
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 8:21pm
csb4evr basically I've just been using Lets Jam in place of the pomades and applying it after I have washed my hair with shampoo in the morning and after I have rinsed it out in the night, sometimes I use pink oil in the night instead of Let's Jam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 8:23pm
No you are supposed to use them together
Dream Team Website

Osmosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 10:12pm
I use King's Hairdress Pomade and my stuff is spinnin like a mug

My flow is in the pocket like wallets I got the bounce like hydraulics I can't call I got the swerve like alcholics- Kanye West
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 5:34am
Bx why are you supposed to use them together?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 9:30am
I use the s-curl wave gel activator and it says to apply pink oil moisturizer after use of gel.It basically keeps the gel from causin lots of dandruff.
Dream Team Website

Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 5:45pm
I ain't had no problem with dandruff using it the way I have been

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 5:47pm
so then continue doin it the way u do it but on the wave gel blue jar it says use the pink lotion afterwards.
Dream Team Website

8705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 10:22pm
So whats better, Murrays or Sportin Waves [any can]? I've been usin' sportin waves for about a week, and i can feel some waves (they feel deep on the sides and a little soft on the top), but cant see them...yet. I'm still brushin (i gotta looooong way to go) I just wanna know if i'm using the RIGHT stuff.
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 10:25pm
i'd go with murrays...has a better hold for me
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
8705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by jarell1944 jarell1944 wrote:

is there a certain kind of Murrays or is it just called "Murrays"?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by 8705 8705 wrote:

the kind in the orange can

http://www.murrayspomade.com/original.html

they also got a pic on the dream team site
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 12:39am
Originally posted by 8705 8705 wrote:

But make sure it's Murrays supierior hair dress pomade, not the Murrays super-lite formula. They both have a orange can, you just gotta read the can when you buy it.

EDIT: Here's the diff. between the two.
http://www.murrayspomade.com/original.html

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 12:54am
yeah they got 2 ppl on the lid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic