Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

360's to tha side burns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360's to tha side burns
    Posted: July 28 2004 at 9:29am
How is that possible??....it has to do with the way you brush your hair.....

IF you brush your hair straight down on the sides then getting your waves to the burns may not work....and its alot harder for you to make the waves connnect for a 360 pattern

IF you brush your hair at an angle or diagonal (thats what i do) on the sides then your waves may connect better...but that doesnt mean you will have waves to your sideburns or even have very defined 360's

But my theory is that if you brush the hair on the sides straight forward then you should be spinnin....and you should have them grow to the sideburns

I'm gonna start an experiment...on my left side i'm gonna brush straight forward and on my right i'll do what i've been doing and brush diagonally....i'll try to post some progress pics in a week or so...anyone else willing to try this out???

I'm still gonna be using my same old methods tho....

this cat got waves and he brushes diagonally http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d933b3127cceb25328e569640000001610

this cat definately brushes his hair forward
http://auction4.comton.com/member/selling/waves4dayz.gif

Cashflow looks like his waves are brushed forward and so does the dude on his site...i saw the discussion thread for him too......

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 11:00am
Yeah I want my waves to goto my sideburns and basically to improve on the sides altogether... maybe that's the way to do it?

I like yo theory of brushin forward. I have always brushed my hair forward before I had waves, and then when I came to this site I read that you should brush down. So that's what I have been doin and that's how I got waves ther, but the sides still don't look as nice as the top and back. Thas why yo theory made since to me.

So I dunno... the right - left thing would be a good way to tell which way is better. Keep us updated...

United Waves of America
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 12:08pm
both of dem cats got nuttin on cash waves. Not evn close.
Well b4 i evn wanted waves at da lunch table @ skool dis gurl wuz talkin bout dis other boy waves and told him to brush the sides down. (Diidnt phase me b/c i didnt care for waves.. i didnt care if i wore nappy **** lol.) Fuk dat for lik 7weeks i was brushin my back UPWARDS (yes u can go head and lol. .rofl for all i care). Im goin to test the left side wid brushin forward cuz i aint got no waves over there lol so... well see. Take a BEFORE AND AFTER PIC IF U CAN "bulzeyelou"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 12:08pm
yeah, fo sho...i'm gonna get some before and after pics and keep 'em updated...i hope my little experiment works out
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 12:25pm
post ya pics 2 twiStA
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 2:13pm
MY BAD my room is dark blue and carpet and theres no sun out reeally.. so i cant get no good pics ;/ Im not doing this to get my waves deeper... only cuz my friend who got da kit.. well before the kit he wud always brush his sides forward and plus he told me how to get waves. So well chell see whos right.. him or da grl who told me to brush down. Oh ya i cant line my hair up fo **** so my line is boo boo.

dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 4:45pm
Uh....it looks to me like they both brush at an angle. I brush at an angle as well.

The only part of your head that should be brushed straight down is the VERY top of your head and the middle section of the BACK of your head. Everything else is at an angle.

If you brush it forward it WILL NOT connect to the back of your head. If you brush straight down it WILL NOT connect to top of your head. Brush at an angle and **tada** it connects to top and back. Best of both worlds mayne.
Official Dream Team Member
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

Waves flowin like da seven seas....
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 5:15pm
How ya'll think this dude brush his hair? His sides look kinda weak.

Anyway... I just thot of somethin. My sister who brushes her hair bac into a ponytail has waves on the top and sides of her head. She brushes her sides and top straight back. They connect on sides and top, and if you compared it to us since we brush our hair forward, I think the same thing would happen. I agree with what mack said tho. If we brushed our hair like that then it wouldn't connect to the back. Ya'll agree?

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 6:14pm
yeah his sides is weak and thats because he just using a kit and not brushing.....my waves look a lil betta on the left side....i got the pics but my webhost is to busy for me to post em yet....hopefully i can get em up this evening....but i dunno....i'll keep updating fo sho

the guy in this pic brushes straight forward
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP758148352&id=4944

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 8:45pm
aight i got the site up...follow this link http://members.cox.net/louis27/my_wave_experiments.htm ....its also down below....
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 8:54pm
How Long U gonna follow thru with this experiment?
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 9:54pm
a week
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:02pm
Oh ok hopefully the experiment will be a success LoL I sound like a scientists.
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

How ya'll think this dude brush his hair? His sides look kinda weak.

Anyway... I just thot of somethin. My sister who brushes her hair bac into a ponytail has waves on the top and sides of her head. She brushes her sides and top straight back. They connect on sides and top, and if you compared it to us since we brush our hair forward, I think the same thing would happen. I agree with what mack said tho. If we brushed our hair like that then it wouldn't connect to the back. Ya'll agree?

His sides r weak like mine
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:24pm
Good luck on that experiment dogg.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 11:59am
dont think im goin 2 do dis cuz my **** is comin bac! I went bac to my old pomade! I always used pomade but i wuz usin 360 and fuk dat. Str8 murrays again.
wavecap10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavecap10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 1:02pm
[QUOTE=bulzeyelou] How is that possible??....it has to do with the way you brush your hair.....

IF you brush your hair straight down on the sides then getting your waves to the burns may not work....and its alot harder for you to make the waves connnect for a 360 pattern

IF you brush your hair at an angle or diagonal (thats what i do) on the sides then your waves may connect better...but that doesnt mean you will have waves to your sideburns or even have very defined 360's

But my theory is that if you brush the hair on the sides straight forward then you should be spinnin....and you should have them grow to the sideburns

I'm gonna start an experiment...on my left side i'm gonna brush straight forward and on my right i'll do what i've been doing and brush diagonally....i'll try to post some progress pics in a week or so...anyone else willing to try this out???

What up Bulzeyelou? To be honest with you, yo sh1t looks good. You should continue to do whatever it is you were doing because your sides will come in deeper eventually. I wouldn't fukk around with your method. Just focus more on the sides and give it some time.AGAIN, YO SH1T LOOKS REAL GOOD!!!!

P.S. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

NOW THAT'S WASSUP CAUSE I SAID THAT'S WASSUP!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 7:30pm
yo wavecap ima take yo advice.......cuz i dont feel like messin with my wave pattern....right now my waves dont even look right on the left side....basically its gettin used to being brushed in another direction....so that means its gotta get trained then its gotta make new waves in a new direction....that could take months....ima quit this experiment cuz it dont even feel natural to me to be brushin forward anyways........and my waves aint even tryin to connect...i'm actually loosin connection to tha back.....
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by bulzeyelou bulzeyelou wrote:

yo wavecap ima take yo advice.......cuz i dont feel like messin with my wave pattern....right now my waves dont even look right on the left side....basically its gettin used to being brushed in another direction....so that means its gotta get trained then its gotta make new waves in a new direction....that could take months....ima quit this experiment cuz it dont even feel natural to me to be brushin forward anyways........and my waves aint even tryin to connect...i'm actually loosin connection to tha back.....
Yeah just go back to the way you use to brush dogg.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic