Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Tips on growing hair "straighter"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mush man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mush man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Tips on growing hair "straighter"?
    Posted: January 23 2005 at 10:47pm
Well, my hair is all poofy, wavy, and looks like a mushroom (lol) i know it sounds funny but it really isn't cool. It's really frizzy too and when it's not wet, it just fro's up. I was really sick of having my hair short, so i tried to grow it out and it got like this.

i'd like my hair to be either shaggy-ish or just longer in general, maybe a little less than shoulder height if it was long. I am seriously fed up with my hair. I might sound a little full of myself, but i'm not gonna lie, girls say im cute and stuff blah blah, but my HAIR throws it all away

PLEASE???
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 8:25am
well first of all do you want str8 or wavy hair. how long you want it? are you open to dyeing your hair?
ARGHH
mush man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mush man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 5:26pm
Well, I don't know, maybe hair like these guys have or something...

this wet

this dry

If those are 2 completely different styles, then I want the shaggy hair, 2nd pic
mush man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mush man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 5:27pm
Oh, yeah i'm open to dying my hair and I want it the length of the 2nd pic.
george of jungle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george of jungle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 6:16pm
I dont know what to tell ya man...I'm sure claribuzz knows, but she probably hasn't checked back with your response and pics...
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 12:30am
george of jungel

i am a guy, thank you very much

ok mush man, if you want those style hair with your mushroom hair. relaxing is the way to go. it makes hair smoother an stra8ter. bring the haircut to the person who cuts your hair. they will thank you for it.
ARGHH
eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 2:24pm
isnt hair relaxing bad for your hair and isnt it only used for african americans
george of jungle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george of jungle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 6:40pm
lol sorry bout that. I was close to saying he/she but i just figured you would be a girl cause they know lots about hair, but i guess guys do too!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by eagle eagle wrote:

isnt hair relaxing bad for your hair and isnt it only used for african americans

Relaxing isn't good for your hair, but as long as you aren't planning on growing it long, and you don't do it too often, you can probably manage it to minimze damage.

Anybody with curly hair can do relaxing.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
mush man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mush man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 8:39pm
So, how do I do this "relaxing" and i'm trying to get my hair straighter...so what do i do?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 6:47am
actually people with str8 puffy hair can benefit from relaxing. also people who have stiff hair (asian hair) benefit from relaxing. mush man if you wanna do it you can do it yourself but you need lots of knowledge about it coz these chemical are harsh and can burn you head.
ARGHH
boss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 11:30pm
how much does relaxing typically cost....how often is it done by males..is it common? also how will it leave ur hair....soft and fine?
cyclopse40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclopse40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 10:11am
it leaves you hair soft fine and FRIZZY also messes up your scalp and the way your hair grows in atleast that what it did to mine. Maybe it matters if you have long or short hair i have short so that might make a difference i would try someother alternatives first before going the chemically straightened route again.
Crazy Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 5:15pm
I'm with Mush Man. I've got curly/wavy/frizzy out of control hair. I've done the chemical straightening thing. I don't recommend this route. If you do try it, have a professional do it at a good hair salon. One that specializes in men's hair straightening. I'm looking into flat irons. Any guys out there have experience with flat irons? Which is better the Real Ceramic Pro or the Sedu Ceramic Flat Iron?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 7:42am
relazing is mostly done by african decesdant women but now most men are going for it to have more flexibilty in stlying their hair. cost depends on where you live. go out and survey.

if you got it done right, relaxing your hair should not cause you any problem. if you take care of it after you do it it wont be a prob.
ARGHH
mushman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mushman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:25pm
so theres no way i can do it without relaxing it?
chronic01 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 4:06pm
How long does chemically straightened hair last? I'm going away for three months, and will be in a humid climate and it will be getting wet often. Will it last that long?
dietz09 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dietz09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 11:33pm
I as well would like to get this look, should you get a maintence cut or is it all just done by growing it out? lol, to make it simpler on any of you answering, do you know any websites that have info on this topic??
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 6:47am
If you want the look in the photos, and that's the kind of hair you have, just grow it out and get a trim. If your hair is poofy and wavy, that won't do it for you.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:41pm
what if your hair is puffy coarse and wavy wat are the safest ways to get that style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic