Print Page | Close Window

Umberto Giannini?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10021
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 4:58pm

Topic: Umberto Giannini?
Posted By: meg
Subject: Umberto Giannini?
Date Posted: January 25 2001 at 6:04pm
Anyone familiar with these products? I just bought the sleek and chic straightening shampoo and the conditioner also. I have straight hair as it is, I was just wondering if anyone else uses his products.
Meg

Replies:
Posted By: meg
Date Posted: January 26 2001 at 12:57pm
Hey, I`m going to reply to my own post, I`m really cooky aren`t I???:)

Actually the products did not impress me. The smell was way to chemically for me, is that even a word, chemically???lol

I wash my hair with my head flipped over, in the bath tub. It`s really hard to keep the shampoo out of my eyes, but my mouth??? Well, last night I got a tiny bit of the shampoo on my lip and out of instinct, licked it. I thought it was just water, but turned out to be shampoo too. I thought I would gag. I mean, no shampoo is supposed to taste good I know, but, this stuff was toxic. I actually thought of calling poison controll,LOL.... I can imagine getting this stuff in your eyes, that would be dangerous I would think. BTW, I did get the new Salon Selectives shampoo for volume in my eye the other day. I have gotten shampoo in my eyes before, but I`ve never experienced this much burning and pain with it. Now that was a bit scary. About 2 days later, these blisters formed on my eyelid. Don`t know if it had anything to do with the shampoo incident, but maybe.

Anyway, as far as soft and shiny hair goes, this done fairly well. But then again, I have been doing alot of conditioning lately and it may just be build up or whatever. I would have to give it a b minus. I got better results from the Avon Advanced Techniques.....but that`s just me....

Can`t believe I answered my own post.....;) Meg

-------------